Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST on Copart for Recaros?

Hi guys!

I'm looking to buy a Fiesta ST soon, but found that there are very few Recaro equipped ones in my area under, let's say, $15,500-16,000, for relatively lowf mileage. Also they tend to all be in black, and I'd prefer to have some other color[tongue]. I was thinking of buying a non-Recaro one and swapping Recaros in, but a full set of Fiesta ST Recaros are hard to come by, and I'd prefer not to swap in Focus ST seats as they'd take a little more work (switching the frames and changing out the airbags) and I wouldn't have a pair of matching rear seats. I was thinking of buying a wrecked FiST on Copart, taking those seats out and swapping them, and selling the rest of the car back as scrap. For example, this one:

https://www.copart.com/lot/42864627/Photos

Considering that Copart adds a few hundred dollars on top of the final bid, do you guys think this would be a cheaper way to do a Recaro swap? Is there anything I'd need to know before buying a similar car on Copart, and is there any risk of swapping a totaled car's seats in?

Pete

Hi guys!

I'm looking to buy a Fiesta ST soon, but found that there are very few Recaro equipped ones in my area under, let's say, $15,500-16,000, for relatively lowf mileage. Also they tend to all be in black, and I'd prefer to have some other color[tongue]. I was thinking of buying a non-Recaro one and swapping Recaros in, but a full set of Fiesta ST Recaros are hard to come by, and I'd prefer not to swap in Focus ST seats as they'd take a little more work (switching the frames and changing out the airbags) and I wouldn't have a pair of matching rear seats. I was thinking of buying a wrecked FiST on Copart, taking those seats out and swapping them, and selling the rest of the car back as scrap. For example, this one:

https://www.copart.com/lot/42864627/Photos

Considering that Copart adds a few hundred dollars on top of the final bid, do you guys think this would be a cheaper way to do a Recaro swap? Is there anything I'd need to know before buying a similar car on Copart, and is there any risk of swapping a totaled car's seats in?
If you can wait a little I will be selling my 2014 Green Envy Fiesta in December once everything is back to stock. Already swapped in a 5,000 mile stock motor and transmission in it. I have the base seats and am currently trying to sell the front recaro's although I can work out a deal with you to include those and save you the hassle.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The FiST versions pop up on Car-part.com occasionally, they're rare but inexpensive when they do. $250 or so each.

zanethan

I don't know what totaled cars typically sell for but I doubt you'll get much back for scrap. I'd imagine a scrap yard would only give you $1000-2000 back for a car similar to the one above. So unless you can get it for less than $3000 it wouldn't be any cheaper.

As for car-part.com I've never seen FiST Recaro's pop up, and I check that sight weekly...

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As for car-part.com I've never seen FiST Recaro's pop up, and I check that sight weekly...

There was a passenger side one last week, I called and they did not have the matching driver side seat. I check daily. But I also look for red or grey Focus ST2 seats.