Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Totaled

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
It would cost buckets of money to fix that, so I would say yes.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
That's my 2017 st.......6500 on the odo. Sad. Slid into someone that slammed on the brakes to avoid a semi. Would have been fine if the road wasn't wet or if I could have gone right or left without hitting anyone

That's my 2017 st.......6500 on the odo. Sad. Slid into someone that slammed on the brakes to avoid a semi. Would have been fine if the road wasn't wet or if I could have gone right or left without hitting anyone
That repair looks to be more than 50% of the book value of the car so I would guess yes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
Body shop says it is gonna be close.....but I am sure they can't tell me one way or the other until the appraisal guy comes out

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
Well if they do total it and I don't get another st I will have a 3 week old ap v3 for sale lol

Driving too fast for conditions, too close to another driver... ouch. Did you get a ticket?

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
Oddly I was under the speed limit with the flow of traffic.....about 2.5 car lengths back. 50mph slam on brakes on wet (Not raining) road still couldn't avoid it. Yea got a ticket.

OP
M
Thread Starter #13
If they don't total it it's going to be in the shop for a while. At least my insurance was good with my rental.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oddly I was under the speed limit with the flow of traffic.....about 2.5 car lengths back. 50mph slam on brakes on wet (Not raining) road still couldn't avoid it. Yea got a ticket.
A good rule of thumb is 1 car length for every 10 mph, double that for slick conditions.

Definitely sounds like you were following too close but I'm sure you realize that.. sorry about your car, this is just one of my biggest pet peeves during my commute. This and people not understanding that unless you are passing a vehicle, you belong in the right most lane of traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
A good rule of thumb is 1 car length for every 10 mph, double that for slick conditions.

Definitely sounds like you were following too close but I'm sure you realize that.. sorry about your car, this is just one of my biggest pet peeves during my commute. This and people not understanding that unless you are passing a vehicle, you belong in the right most lane of traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Driving a 66 Catalina with non power drums would cure people for life of following too close.

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
So far repairs are at a cost of 12k. Still waiting for total loss determination

Mine was $14k in repairs and was not totaled. 13,000 miles and rear ended on the back drivers side in the rain.

That's ridiculous if they try to fix that thing. They'd basically have to replace/rebuild everything from the A-pillar forward. Plus good luck trying to sell it someday with that much damage on the record.

Anyhow, I'm guilty of following too close sometimes myself, but I usually try to give myself an out (e.g., changing lanes). I'm usually not worried about being able to brake in time (since the FiST can out-brake most cars on the road in a panic stop situation), but I'm more worried about someone running into the back of me if I slam on the brakes. People do crazy shit all the time. You gotta give them room to do it without them or someone else killing you.