Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New SD So Cal Member

Hello,

Glad to be apart of the forum. I purchased a used blue 15' FiSt a few months ago and have been really floored by the difference from my previous car which was an 04 g35.

Previous owner wasn't the nicest with this new FiSt and I have been replacing brakes and now an axel and bushing. Also was forced to buy an intercooler and radiator because of overheating here in So-Cal in traffic.

Bummed with how much money I have had to put in it so quickly but I am hoping that once I get it dialed in it will keep me solid for DD.

LaserWhisperer

Hello,

Glad to be apart of the forum. I purchased a used blue 15' FiSt a few months ago and have been really floored by the difference from my previous car which was an 04 g35.

Previous owner wasn't the nicest with this new FiSt and I have been replacing brakes and now an axel and bushing. Also was forced to buy an intercooler and radiator because of overheating here in So-Cal in traffic.

Bummed with how much money I have had to put in it so quickly but I am hoping that once I get it dialed in it will keep me solid for DD.
Welcome aboard!

I got my 15 PB FiST here in SD (new at Fuller Ford, to be exact (THEY SUCK @SS, btw)) and I can happily say that my car has NEEDED ONLY routine maintenance thus far.

Sure, I put on my first set of front brakes at 24k, and I've just recently replaced the rear brake pads @51k but what do you expect? Have you stepped on the brake pedal yet?? Those factory pads are great at bringing this little pocket rocket to a halt on the steet. So I thought, no big deal. After that, I figured out brake wear is less if you disengage the driver assists[deviltail]

I've also had to replace the factory Potenzas @ about 45k, they had a bit of life left (maybe 15-20%) so I figured it was time they go. I'm from a part of the country where you can't neglect your tires, otherwise you die, hahaha.

I'm frankly surprised at your statement "forced to buy radiator and intercooler". I've sat in the same traffic, from Rancho Bernardo to La Mesa, 15S during rush hour in the summer months and never once did it overheat. Heatsoaked the intercooler for sure, but never the actual engine coolant. How many miles were on yours when you picked it up?

OP
N
Thread Starter #8
Welcome aboard!

I got my 15 PB FiST here in SD (new at Fuller Ford, to be exact (THEY SUCK @SS, btw)) and I can happily say that my car has NEEDED ONLY routine maintenance thus far.

Sure, I put on my first set of front brakes at 24k, and I've just recently replaced the rear brake pads @51k but what do you expect? Have you stepped on the brake pedal yet?? Those factory pads are great at bringing this little pocket rocket to a halt on the steet. So I thought, no big deal. After that, I figured out brake wear is less if you disengage the driver assists[deviltail]

I've also had to replace the factory Potenzas @ about 45k, they had a bit of life left (maybe 15-20%) so I figured it was time they go. I'm from a part of the country where you can't neglect your tires, otherwise you die, hahaha.

I'm frankly surprised at your statement "forced to buy radiator and intercooler". I've sat in the same traffic, from Rancho Bernardo to La Mesa, 15S during rush hour in the summer months and never once did it overheat. Heatsoaked the intercooler for sure, but never the actual engine coolant. How many miles were on yours when you picked it up?
Hey,

This car does brake very quickly! I'll have to check out more of the driver assists. I disabled hill assist, felt it was making the car rock back and forth.

Tires are next for me as well! The car now has 56k and I purchased it with 51k (extremely hard miles it seems, I found cobb stickers in the boot and a cartoon drawing from a child hahaha, maybe the previous owner knows which car mine is. The brakes started squealing after 1-2k of driving).

I actually had taken the car to the factory multiple times because of the continuing overheating (going up a hill and a couple times in traffic in the san marcos area, the car would beep, flash the overheating light and then go limp as I was driving). Ford stress tested my turbo for 24 hrs straight, then said that they couldn't reproduce the results. Needless to say I have been a little frightened of going back and got parts on my own from Ron at whoosh. Since then not even a budge with the temp gauge, even as it has been over 100 the past months.

Really appreciate your feedback. [loveboost]

I'm also a new owner in San Diego, glad to see so many SD intros on the new member forum! :)