Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2017 FiSt owner here...

Just got a new FiST today and extremely excited about my new project car.

Have always wanted one since they first came out in 2013, but never got around to getting one for multiple reasons.

- First attempt of test driving one, salesman says to me, after I drove all the way across town to test drive it, "You can't test drive the FiSt cause it runs on Premium Gas.", but I can let u sit in it while we talk numbers (purchase details). I was like WTF are you talking about? LOL. I pulled up in a freaking EvoX, what do think those run off of lighter fluid??? What made it more crazy was that I had just driven the FoST a couple of days before at the same dealership...go figure... The experience turned me off soo much i gave up on the FiST for years after that.

In the following 3 years after that debacle, I still adored the FiST, especially seeing all the great reviews on it from literally every car magazine, ETC... Ended up getting rid of my EVOX (outgrew it and was tired of getting 15mpg on premium fuel and refilling it every other day), and my Honda Civic EP3 Si (crashed). I ended up getting a Chevy Sonic LT 1.4 turbo as a car I could get crazy gas mileage and still be able to modify as my high mileage daily driver. I figured it would be close to performance to the FiST, yeah wrong answer. I also have a Cobb FBO VW GTI DSG with PerfPackage with a 5150 custom tune, which is crazy fast and an incredible all around car PERIOD and makes ridiculous power on simple mods, BUT i missed the rawness of driving a lighter car with a manual (like the Civic Si).

So a few days ago after my Sonic almost left me stranded on a deserted highway, i said screw it, i need to get rid of this car and get something else that I can modify and enjoy that has aftermarket support, and higher potential to build on...tonight i drove home in my 2017 FiST.

I will prob leave it Stock for bit, and maybe stick with Mountune mods to keep my warranty (as my GTI is so moddified at 30k miles that i can't even drive by a VW Dealership without them trying to TD1 my car), but I do have big plans for the FiST and very excited joining the club. Another reason I bought the FiST was I recently found out that Ford was no longer bringing them over to the U.S, so I had to make my move before it was too late (that's the reason I gave the wifey anyway to justify getting another turbo car to add to our modified turbo family) :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Glad you ended up with a FiST even though it was 4 years later.[hihi]

Welcome aboard.

LaserWhisperer

Excellent choice.

Stupid salesman idiot lost a sale. I'd have said something to his manager!

"Can't test drive it because it uses premium"....gtfo here