Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    New Member jtuffy96's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Byron Center
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1


    Paint issues on 2017 Fiesta ST

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Last week I was cleaning my car and I noticed there was some paint peeling/chipping off the hatch of my 2 month old Fiesta ST (It's located between the plastic piece that the Ford emblem is on and the hatch itself). I contacted the dealer and they put a claim in to Ford and the claim was denied. Ford stated, "it looks like the owner stuck a flathead screwdriver in it and chipped the paint". This reponse blew my mind because I don't know of anyone who take a flathead screw driver to the paint of their brand new car. With all that being said I'm not really sure what to do. The dealer said he would keep working on it when he called me the other day but I'm not sure what else he can really do. Anyone having similar issues? Or am I just having an isolated issue? Also I noticed after I started this process that there is what appears to be a bubble in the paint on the roof of my car. I don't have a pic of that right now but I will post that tomorrow as I have yet to bring that up to the dealer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0340.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	488.6 KB 
ID:	15920  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0339.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	436.6 KB 
ID:	15921  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0338.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	15922  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	486.1 KB 
ID:	15923  


  2. #2
    New Member 15 Rep Points DEss's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    City
    Brooklyn
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    15


    Quote Originally Posted by jtuffy96 View Post
    Last week I was cleaning my car and I noticed there was some paint peeling/chipping off the hatch of my 2 month old Fiesta ST (It's located between the plastic piece that the Ford emblem is on and the hatch itself). I contacted the dealer and they put a claim in to Ford and the claim was denied. Ford stated, "it looks like the owner stuck a flathead screwdriver in it and chipped the paint". This reponse blew my mind because I don't know of anyone who take a flathead screw driver to the paint of their brand new car. With all that being said I'm not really sure what to do. The dealer said he would keep working on it when he called me the other day but I'm not sure what else he can really do. Anyone having similar issues? Or am I just having an isolated issue? Also I noticed after I started this process that there is what appears to be a bubble in the paint on the roof of my car. I don't have a pic of that right now but I will post that tomorrow as I have yet to bring that up to the dealer.
    This issue has been brought up before. I think some people got it repaired under warranty. It's just beginning to happen to my '16 as well.

  3. #3
    Member 46 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    City
    Grass Lake
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    46


    Just buy a touchup color stick from the parts department. It will come in handy over the next few years. You made Ford aware of the issue. They denied the claim. Paint chips are part of the joy. I think the paint on the newest fiesta's is much more fragile than the paint on 2011/ 13 fiesta. My 16 had way more chips within its first year than my 11 had at 90k!

  4. #4
    New Member jtuffy96's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Byron Center
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1


    It's in a difficult spot so if I did go the touch up paint route I might have to find a way to remove that panel... not sure how to do that but I will just have to figure it out.

  5. #5
    New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Metro Detroit
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    6


    Is there any chance you could post a picture or two? My ST is scheduled in about a month or so to arrive and I sure will look closely at that area before I accept it. If you can't post pictures, can you tell us what color yours is. Some have said that the tri-coat paints like Platinum White are more durable but I have no idea if that's true. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Member 46 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    City
    Grass Lake
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    46


    Quote Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
    Is there any chance you could post a picture or two? My ST is scheduled in about a month or so to arrive and I sure will look closely at that area before I accept it. If you can't post pictures, can you tell us what color yours is. Some have said that the tri-coat paints like Platinum White are more durable but I have no idea if that's true. Thanks.
    The LAST paint color you would ever want is a tri-coat. It is not "spot repair" friendly in any way. It is both expensive from a material cost standpoint, it is also quite tricky to match the shading. It is not a brush touchup type of Finnish.

  7. #7
    New Member jtuffy96's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Byron Center
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
    Is there any chance you could post a picture or two? My ST is scheduled in about a month or so to arrive and I sure will look closely at that area before I accept it. If you can't post pictures, can you tell us what color yours is. Some have said that the tri-coat paints like Platinum White are more durable but I have no idea if that's true. Thanks.
    I don't have a photo right now but located on the edges of the plastic piece where the ford emblem sits on the hatch. The paint is chipping in the gap between the plastic and the hatch. Hope that made sense and my ST is painted Shadow Black.

  8. #8
    New Member PapertownST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    City
    Palatka
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    4


    I have those same chips on my 2017 shadow black. Plus my rims are rusting from under the paint and now shining through. I plan on wrapping the car and getting new rims anyways. But dang!

  9. #9
    New Member jtuffy96's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Byron Center
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by PapertownST View Post
    I have those same chips on my 2017 shadow black. Plus my rims are rusting from under the paint and now shining through. I plan on wrapping the car and getting new rims anyways. But dang!
    That's crazy! We shouldn't have to be worrying about rust and paint chips so early... and yeah I definitely planned on getting new wheels too and a wrap but one thing at a time lol

  10. #10
    New Member
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    City
    Lake Worth
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    4


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuffy96 View Post
    It's in a difficult spot so if I did go the touch up paint route I might have to find a way to remove that panel... not sure how to do that but I will just have to figure it out.
    Remove the interior hatch plastics, there are 4 10mm nuts that hold it on to the hatch. Mine were NOT tight and the vibration caused the paint to chip off. I'm just going to ask if they'll give me a touch up pen instead of trying to warranty out the paint.
    Cobb AP w/Mountune Custom Map, Mountune RMM, Mountune Panel Filter, Whoosh Intercooler, Swift Spec-R Springs, VelossaTech Wing Risers.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •