Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718 LastLast
    New Member 13 Rep Points EnthusiaST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Okemos
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGLENN27 View Post
    Is anyone currently running a similar set up (16" x 8" ET40) on stock suspension w/ 215's (or 205's)? I would love to see pics and know if everything clears, doesn't rub or poke. I don't plan to camber or swap springs anytime soon (or ever). I don't really want a stretch but I like the Firehawk Indy's and would like to have those but my understanding is they are very narrow for 205's. Thank you for the input and after an hour or two of searching I'm still not exactly seeing what I'm looking for so I apologize if its been answered before.
    Here are 205 rs4's on 16x8 +20
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16x8 +20 205:45:16 RS4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	16997  

Saving up for a FIST (#13)
    09 MX5 GT (coilovers, wheels, tires, boltons)
    09 WR450F (Supermoto'd, built motor, slipper and BBK)
    02 CBR954RR (slip on)
    On Car #12 and Motorcycle #14.

Member 142 Rep Points LILIKE16ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Saltville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by CGLENN27 View Post
    Is anyone currently running a similar set up (16" x 8" ET40) on stock suspension w/ 215's (or 205's)? I would love to see pics and know if everything clears, doesn't rub or poke. I don't plan to camber or swap springs anytime soon (or ever). I don't really want a stretch but I like the Firehawk Indy's and would like to have those but my understanding is they are very narrow for 205's. Thank you for the input and after an hour or two of searching I'm still not exactly seeing what I'm looking for so I apologize if its been answered before.
    You will be fine with these wheels with 205 or 215 for sure on stock suspension. 215/45/16 is very close to the od of stock tires plenty of people running 15x8 +35 pro race wheels like mine with no issue even dropped an inch or so. Same with 17x8 +38 pro race 1.2 and 17x8 +40 rota titans and grid and slipstreams on stock and lowered 1 inch or so. No question you'll be fine on stock suspension and even if you decide to drop an inch with eibach mountune or swift or one of the others in that range you should still be fine. I'm running 15x8 +35 wheels with very wide 195 bfg that are about the same height as stock tires too and they stick out 5mm more towards the outside than these +40 konig will and fitment is fine even if I decided to go with 225/45 tires I'd be ok...plenty of people running those even lowered. I have no worries at all about installing 1 inch drop swift spec r on my car...I have no doubt there will be no clearance issues plus others have run these wheels with those springs with no issues. 16x8 wouldn't be any diff fitment wise if you're staying close to stock outside diameter on tires like a 215/45/16 you may even encounter even less issue with them being +40 vs +35 40 is a more ideal offset for this car. Honestly these wheels are pretty much perfect in my eyes and I'll probably end up getting them and run summer rubber on them and use my 15s for winter. Then I'd have a nice looking better riding lightweight setup year round. Good luck

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Dallas
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish we could know for sure the exact date these are released. I'm ready to place the order but I'm not doing it without knowing when exactly they are being released

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Natick
    State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

According to long (I called them) suppliers will start to see shipments late feb-mid March. I already put my order in a couple weeks ago so hopefully I'll be in the first batch. I only paid $480 for all 4 shipped.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Dallas
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joejberg View Post
    According to long (I called them) suppliers will start to see shipments late feb-mid March. I already put my order in a couple weeks ago so hopefully I'll be in the first batch. I only paid $480 for all 4 shipped.
    How? Best Ive seen is $497 shipped.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Dickinson
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EnthusiaST View Post
    Here are 205 rs4's on 16x8 +20
    Any issues with rubbing? That looks damn sexy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Natick
    State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joejberg View Post
    I had ordered from them before, I must have had credits or something that I earned. Looks like I got an additional $15 off from the $497.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Indianapolis
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LILIKE16ST View Post
    You will be fine with these wheels with 205 or 215 for sure on stock suspension. 215/45/16 is very close to the od of stock tires plenty of people running 15x8 +35 pro race wheels like mine with no issue even dropped an inch or so. Same with 17x8 +38 pro race 1.2 and 17x8 +40 rota titans and grid and slipstreams on stock and lowered 1 inch or so. No question you'll be fine on stock suspension and even if you decide to drop an inch with eibach mountune or swift or one of the others in that range you should still be fine. I'm running 15x8 +35 wheels with very wide 195 bfg that are about the same height as stock tires too and they stick out 5mm more towards the outside than these +40 konig will and fitment is fine even if I decided to go with 225/45 tires I'd be ok...plenty of people running those even lowered. I have no worries at all about installing 1 inch drop swift spec r on my car...I have no doubt there will be no clearance issues plus others have run these wheels with those springs with no issues. 16x8 wouldn't be any diff fitment wise if you're staying close to stock outside diameter on tires like a 215/45/16 you may even encounter even less issue with them being +40 vs +35 40 is a more ideal offset for this car. Honestly these wheels are pretty much perfect in my eyes and I'll probably end up getting them and run summer rubber on them and use my 15s for winter. Then I'd have a nice looking better riding lightweight setup year round. Good luck
    Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate that.

2017 Fiesta ST
    Navigation, Smoke Storm, Sunroof
    -RamAir filter
    -MBRP hot side pipe
    -Maximizer Turbo-back Exhaust

WISH LIST/WTB
    -Cobb AP, ST200 air box, Induction hose, Front Mount

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Indianapolis
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LILIKE16ST View Post
    The other issue I'm having is, if I decide to run this wheel with 205's (which i do) the tire I really want is the Firehawk Indy's but it has such a narrow tread width (6.9") compared to say a BF Comp2 (8"). I know the BF would look perfect but I'm afraid that if i were to run the Firehawks, it would look pretty stretched.

2017 Fiesta ST
    Navigation, Smoke Storm, Sunroof
    -RamAir filter
    -MBRP hot side pipe
    -Maximizer Turbo-back Exhaust

WISH LIST/WTB
    -Cobb AP, ST200 air box, Induction hose, Front Mount

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Dallas
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I wouldnt run the indys on these wheels. Too much stretch.

And why would you want the firehawks? I currently have them on stock wheels and they are not as sticky as the stock bridgestones. I was sliding quite a bit on my last mountain run on them. Not good for extreme grip. They are a good daily driver tire though.

If you want something similar to the indys run the G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 - SIZE: 205/45ZR16. Its the same tread wear as the indys and about the same price and should perform equally.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718 LastLast