Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

LILIKE16ST

Budget is around 100$ per tire but there's wiggle room. I want the maximum performance out of a tire I can daily and still get 15K+ miles out of. Right now I'm only seeing 200treadwear and below tires in my size. Prefer not to run high noise tires or something I have to baby in the wet.

Stock height.

Plan B is a 205/50 on a 16x7 rota slip but not as pretty as these konigs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
If I was going with with a 16x7 I'd try to get the enkei rpf1 from oakos. They had a group buy and according to their site they're going to be available around July in silver and matte bronze. Depending what color you're looking for these would be a better choice imo as they're slightly lighter than the slip at 13.7 lbs and they're stronger and look better (subjective obviously).

LILIKE16ST

Another great 16x7 if black is more your thing would be the Oz ultralrggera if you can afford the 200ish per wheel price they have as they're only 14.5 or so lbs I think and a very solid wheel. Or if 15 is something you'd consider 15x7 ultralrggera is also nice and there's plenty of 205/50 options that fit your needs and will fit the wheel the way you're wanting as well and even a couple 205/55 options like the nitto nt450 which has a 45k mile warrenty and are decent tires for the price and also only weigh 19 lbs and would be great on a stock height car. If 16s are your thing and you don't want even a little stretch and don't wanna run 200 tw tires you may wanna just go with with a 16x7 as it would be easier to find a tire to fit your needs in that size imo. I'd choose between the rpf1 when it's available and the ultralrggera and the slipstream isn't a bad option either. I prefer the look of the grid they come in slightly heavier at around 16 lbs I think but of the rota wheels in that size I prefer them. They look great on this car and you can get matte black or hyperblack which looks kind of like gunmetal. Good luck

HBEcoBeaST

If I was going with with a 16x7 I'd try to get the enkei rpf1 from oakos. They had a group buy and according to their site they're going to be available around July in silver and matte bronze. Depending what color you're looking for these would be a better choice imo as they're slightly lighter than the slip at 13.7 lbs and they're stronger and look better (subjective obviously).
To be honest I'm holding out for an acceptable tire (to me) tire for the konigs.

I really want gloss black rims, flat black 2nd, gunmetal 3rd. The enkeis are nice but pricey plus I'd have to pay to powder coat which adds weight+ $$$. My car budget is somewhat limited and I'm trying to do a lot.

Adub

What's wrong with the 205 45 BFG sport comp 2? Has an 8inch treadwidth...

To be honest I'm holding out for an acceptable tire (to me) tire for the konigs.

I really want gloss black rims, flat black 2nd, gunmetal 3rd. The enkeis are nice but pricey plus I'd have to pay to powder coat which adds weight+ $$$. My car budget is somewhat limited and I'm trying to do a lot.

Anodizing adds as much as what four American quarters weigh. Lol. Suffice it to say it’s minimal and as far as cost I’m only paying $100 for all four to anodize them in emerald blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adub

Also if you drive on crap roads, wouldn't you want some gap so if you do hit a pothole you're in the clear?

HBEcoBeaST

Also if you drive on crap roads, wouldn't you want some gap so if you do hit a pothole you're in the clear?
I want more sidewall and the extra height would help with that. I'm not going to go with an extreme ultra tall or wide set up so I'm not worried about rubbing or losing suspension travel. I won't be anywhere near 'flush' at stock height but a little fuller wheel well looks good IMO. 15s have way more options but I'm not a fan of the look. Compromise.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really want gloss black rims, flat black 2nd, gunmetal 3rd. The enkeis are nice but pricey plus I'd have to pay to powder coat which adds weight+ $$$.
I'm with you on the gloss black, as that's the color I got my 1.2s in due to easier cleaning, and keeping a sealant/wax on them. ;)

Just a word of caution, which others have also given in the past; be VERY careful with powder coating alloy wheels, as certain heat treatments/alloys/etc. DO NOT 'like' the high oven temps of some powder coat processes. [nono]

I would have to get a GUARANTEE from the powder coater that his baking process temps are low enough as to NOT effect the metallurgy/heat treatment of the wheel WHATSOEVER before proceeding.

HBEcoBeaST

I'm with you on the gloss black, as that's the color I got my 1.2s in due to easier cleaning, and keeping a sealant/wax on them. ;)

Just a word of caution, which others have also given in the past; be VERY careful with powder coating alloy wheels, as certain heat treatments/alloys/etc. DO NOT 'like' the high oven temps of some powder coat processes. [nono]

I would have to get a GUARANTEE from the powder coater that his baking process temps are low enough as to NOT effect the metallurgy/heat treatment of the wheel WHATSOEVER before proceeding.
Gloss black just looks so much 'nicer' to me. I know it's 'in' right now but flat black will always remind me of my Ducati 749 dark which was the 'cheap' version and it was flat black.

To be honest powder coating is out of my price range and it adds weight (which is important to me) let alone the possible strength issues.

I'm either going to have to suck it up with some 200 tires or go a different route. Lowered on bfg 2 205/45s would be acceptable looking but then I'd probably hit more than my wheels on these rocks, potholes and ruts.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There is one member on here who is actually street driving on a set of R888s or R888Rs, and despite them being 100 tread wear rated claims to get GREAT mileage wear out of them, so one of the (yes VERY few) 225/45-16s in 200 tread wear might not be too bad in that respect. ;)

I STILL cannot imagine, or picture WHY SoCal's roads would be as totally bombed out as everyone claims they are, with NO 'frost heave', or freeze/thaw cycles to worry about, EVER!
But I guess enough 18 wheeler traffic, combined with NO road repair/replacement maintenance whatsoever will do that. [dunno]

HBEcoBeaST

There is one member on here who is actually street driving on a set of R888s or R888Rs, and despite them being 100 tread wear rated claims to get GREAT mileage wear out of them, so one of the (yes VERY few) 225/45-16s in 200 tread wear might not be too bad in that respect. ;)

I STILL cannot imagine, or picture WHY SoCal's roads would be as totally bombed out as everyone claims they are, with NO 'frost heave', or freeze/thaw cycles to worry about, EVER!
But I guess enough 18 wheeler traffic, combined with NO road repair/replacement maintenance whatsoever will do that. [dunno]
Some people's tolerance of acceptable road noise is different than mine. You're talking about me here, who spent money on dynamatting my doors and installing a full sound system (OEM headunit). I would also never use those R888s in the rain...

California has better things to spend our tax money on like welfare, illegals, the $30billion hyperloop catastrophe, crappy public teacher's pensions(49 out of 50 ranking), etc. Who needs roads?

But to be fair I'm constantly surveying unmaintained shopping center and industrial area parking lots as well as some fire roads closed to public access. Perfect for hooning but a little rough on the wheels. Some of my clients also have really crazy driveways.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Some people's tolerance of acceptable road noise is different than mine. You're talking about me here, who spent money on dynamatting my doors and installing a full sound system (OEM headunit). I would also never use those R888s in the rain...

California has better things to spend our tax money on like welfare, illegals, the $30billion hyperloop catastrophe, crappy public teacher's pensions(49 out of 50 ranking), etc. Who needs roads?
Ah I bolded it just to be clear Hyperloop is Elon Musks I am smoking dope dream of shit unreality.

What you are talking about is the Hi speed rail aka Bullet train which Jerry Browns pot smoing dream. Which was supposed on go from San Francisco to Los Angeles but due to central valley legislature lobbying is now supposed to run down the 99 with stops in all those little towns. Hmmm what part of that sounds like its no longer hi speed? Lol

Had the idea been concieved thirty years ago and built then it would not be the cost boon doogle that it is and would not have even given thought to any other stops besides possibly San Jose. Lol

Ya we don’t even have the money to build the damn thing yet Jerry Moonbeam Brown keeps on trying to push forward with it. Don’t even get me started on his gas tax BS.[8]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The RPF1 is a better wheel than the Slip Stream but it will not fit over the standard BBK if you wanted to go that route later on.
I would buy the Maxxim Winner as made by Konig, reasonable weight, price and quality if you go 16x7.
I do not know for sure if the OZ wheel fits either but more likely so.

I would not go crazy on offset but having a bit wider stance(in the correct use of the word) which is also known as track width, might help a bit visually on the gap.

Again, make sure to look at the real specs on the tires, tread width, section width(you want it pretty wide) and diameter because that is what matters, not the many times far misleading sidewall markings/catalog listing size. I have no idea why they are so far off as it should be a simple measurement but it is what it is, stupid really:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I still have the same 225 BFG Rival S I put no my summer wheels in 2014, probably 18k miles on them and well over half the tread left. I sold my RA1 race tires because no longer tracked the car and honestly they were barely stickier but handle heat better for track sections which they should as made for road racing and Rival S for autocrossing.

I have used R888 on the street with no more issues than the Rival S but only to and from the track, 75 miles each way. There are quite a few that use them as daily driver tires on low weight cars.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Anyone know a place that has these in stock? I have been looking for around 3 weeks and no one has them.
Doubt it, the waiting line is several blocks long LOL. I think end of May going into June is a realistic timeframe based on what vendors and Konig has relayed to inquiries.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
CA needs to be kicked out of the club, so far from being a viable state it would do the rest of us less damage if left to fail the rest of the way on its own:(

I can be there in 15 minutes but seldom cross the line since I cannot even protect myself in the state that needs it the most....I lived there 20 years of my life and love parts of it, just wish more of NV was in the mountains and foot hills on the eastern Sierra Nevada range.