Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

HBEcoBeaST

So looking online it seems like several vendors have these in stock. Is the shortage over?

Someone offered to buy my rota slipstreams for what I paid for them...

Once again, I'm on the fence

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Call me Crazy but I was actually thinking of doing the 4x100 hub conversion so I could get ghese wheels in a +35 offset cause then they would be gthe Concave B face version. Seeing as Konig pussied out on the offset only offering the +40 and because of ghat having to go A face i.e. non Concave to clear our stock brakes. Lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I like that A LOT MORE than any of the various 205 setups I've seen so far on these wheels. [thumb] [:)]

Hard to tell (my magnifier function is not working) if those are the R888s, or the R888Rs, but either way, they look GREAT!
They will perform great as well, despite Rick and others claiming that more 'stretch' is absolutely necessary (it's NOT, as those particular 100 tread wear tires have much stiffer side walls than most of the 200 tread wear class of tires). ;)

A7xogg

Swift springs must sit higher than mine, I was tucking a smaller tire. I'm happy with my sp2. Honestly any more grip than what I got is stupid for the street (I need to get back on the track)

HBEcoBeaST

Anyone have an issue with tire shops refusing to 'stretch' a tire. The closest shop to me will not order Firestone Indy 500s in 205/50r16 because they're only recommended up to 7.5" wide rim....

KKaWing

Stretching a tire usually means a lot of force is required and ends up with gouged wheels for shops that arn't used to doing it. It also takes way more time to mount as well, and that cuts into their turn over. It is probably best to find dedicated tire shops that do stretches, instagram and the like is good for that.

HBEcoBeaST

Stretching a tire usually means a lot of force is required and ends up with gouged wheels for shops that arn't used to doing it. It also takes way more time to mount as well, and that cuts into their turn over. It is probably best to find dedicated tire shops that do stretches, instagram and the like is good for that.
Thanks I just didn't think it would be that much of a stretch.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks I just didn't think it would be that much of a stretch.

As Raamaudio, would say it depends on the tire brand as some have wider tread patches than the size would suggest. Federals are famous for this. A 225/40Feddy is wider than say a 225/40 Hankook.

HBEcoBeaST

As Raamaudio, would say it depends on the tire brand as some have wider tread patches than the size would suggest. Federals are famous for this. A 225/40Feddy is wider than say a 225/40 Hankook.
Right ideally I want a square tire but those are only available in 200 treadwear or less. I drive over 100miles daily/5x a week so no race tires for me.

The tire store refused due to the actual tire specs stating 6.5-7.5" wide rim.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Right ideally I want a square tire but those are only available in 200 treadwear or less. I drive over 100miles daily/5x a week so no race tires for me.

The tire store refused due to the actual tire specs stating 6.5-7.5" wide rim.

Try City Tire in Southgate. They do a lot of track cars and drift cars. They are not afraid of a bit of stretch.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I understand that you were just using that (randomly picked) size as an example, but Federal (as well as EVERYONE ELSE, sadly enough, save for a few FULL ROAD RACE, 00-40 tread wear, SLICKS) does NOT produce ANY tire in a 16"/17" 225/40 (IF they did make a 225/40-17, they would be on my 17x8 Pro Race 1.2 summer wheels as we speak, instead of their 215/40-17 RS-RRs). [:(]