Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

Brianmc27

So tire shopping begins trigger has been pulled on a set of Dekagrams at $511 shipped before tax it was a no brainer.
Awesome! 215/45r16 is the sweet spot for those wheels, in my opinion. Limited options, however. Here’s what I came up with in my hack research -

Decreasing in performance (and price) and increasing in tread wear rating -

BFGoodrich G-sport Rival 1.5s
Falken Azenis rt615k+
Federal Evoluzion ST-1
Accelera Phi-R (All-seasons)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Awesome! 215/45r16 is the sweet spot for those wheels, in my opinion. Limited options, however. Here’s what I came up with in my hack research -

Decreasing in performance (and price) and increasing in tread wear rating -

BFGoodrich G-sport Rival 1.5s
Falken Azenis rt615k+
Federal Evoluzion ST-1
Accelera Phi-R (All-seasons)
I was actually considering some more serious tires like RS4’s and RSR pro’s .Hell the RS4 in 205 has a 8.4 section width with a 7.5 tread patch. that would easily fit on a 8 with out much if any stretch plus it would help clearance and turn in. Don’t get me wrong the Azenis are not bad and the rivals are right near the top as well but from my reading the Hankooks and the Feddy RSR‘s are a step above in price for performance.
I am still doing some research but the Hankooks are looking like a nice choice if the price is right. I need to read up more on the ST1’s.

Last edited:
California here too, that's why I went with stupidly impractical 200tw tires. Though they performed amazingly for the first 4k, they've dropped off significantly and are now next to bald with less than 10k total (with rotations).

Springs arrived today (woot!) so hopefully they'll go on within the next week or so and I'll update on how bad the 205/50 rub 😖
Had a half day at work and decided to buckle down and put the springs on. 4 hours total time at a slow and steady pace, by myself, not too bad. A racheting box wrench would've saved me like 30 minutes too.

Took a short 5 mile ride (no catastrophies lol) and surprisingly no rubbing on the 205/50! Went over about a dozen speed bumps to try and settle the springs. Couldn't push too hard cuz it's raining, but pleasantly surprised.

Question is, if I stay 205/50 are the Indy Firehawk still the best performer? (outside of the 200tw category)

I was leaning towards BFG sportcomp 2 for the 8" wide contact patch, but that is only on the 205/45 for some reason, and I think I'll be able to stay with 205/50 (more miles needed though)

Suggestions on 205/50 tires?

Izzy

All I can say is Indy 500 all the way. I've gone through 2 sets; had Comp 2's before them and on Federal RS-Pro now. If they were available in 15" I'd still be rocking them.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Was there coupon code or anything? It’s showing up 568 when I add it to the cart
the discount drops when you go to checkout.Though even $568 was the best price I have sen lately everyone else is at $667 right now. So when I went to checkout and it dropped to $511 I was ok buying now!

Izzy

what do you not like about the RSR pro?
Nothing really...they are not as good in the cold or wet as the Indy 500 and they are more expensive. Definitely more grip in the dry though. I'm now limited due to changing to 15" wheels and since TX doesn't get that cold they'll do for now. However, they do run about half an inch wider than normal so that's good. I'm actually looking on fitting 225/45/15, but don't know if they'll rub. Currently on 205/50/15 with no rubbing whatever on Mountune springs.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Nothing really...they are not as good in the cold or wet as the Indy 500 and they are more expensive. Definitely more grip in the dry though. I'm now limited due to changing to 15" wheels and since TX doesn't get that cold they'll do for now. However, they do run about half an inch wider than normal so that's good. I'm actually looking on fitting 225/45/15, but don't know if they'll rub. Currently on 205/50/15 with no rubbing whatever on Mountune springs.
how much noise?

Izzy

Honestly, not as bad as I thought it would be or as bad as some say it is. Although I always blast my music, but even when not; there's a tad noisier than the Indy 500, but not by much.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Honestly, not as bad as I thought it would be or as bad as some say it is. Although I always blast my music, but even when not; there's a tad noisier than the Indy 500, but not by much.
hmm in that case I might just throw down on the RSR pro . Anyways my Dekagrams arrived this morning! lol I ordered tues evening had not received any shipping info and boom they are here.!

Erick_V

Just ordered my set through Enjuku Racing, probably won't get them on the car till January. Thanks to everyone who posted pics, you guys helped me pull the trigger!

Just ordered my set through Enjuku Racing, probably won't get them on the car till January. Thanks to everyone who posted pics, you guys helped me pull the trigger!
They have the best price on these.I was looking to buy the gloss bronze Deka's but will wait till spring as I have my winter setup on the car.