Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

I'm hoping to pick up a set of these as well. And as just a daily driver, I was hoping to go with a UHP tire, but there are very few options in the 215 or 225 /45s. I don't really care for tire stretch, anyone have any pics of what a 205 would look like on an 8" rim? I really wanted to go with the Indy 500's, but they appear to have a very thin tread width at 6.9" and I also have little trust in the BFG Sport comp measurement of 8". Anyone think any other UHP tire would have a minimal stretch? If I had to, I'd probably run the Falken Azenis with the 215/45 but I really think it's more tire than I'll ever use.

LILIKE16ST

I'm hoping to pick up a set of these as well. And as just a daily driver, I was hoping to go with a UHP tire, but there are very few options in the 215 or 225 /45s. I don't really care for tire stretch, anyone have any pics of what a 205 would look like on an 8" rim? I really wanted to go with the Indy 500's, but they appear to have a very thin tread width at 6.9" and I also have little trust in the BFG Sport comp measurement of 8". Anyone think any other UHP tire would have a minimal stretch? If I had to, I'd probably run the Falken Azenis with the 215/45 but I really think it's more tire than I'll ever use.
I would bet the bfg is 8 inch as stated. I run 195/55 in those on my 15x8 pro race 1.2s and they're advertised at 7.7 tread width and there is very little stretch imo on these 8 inch wheels and on these wheels they appear to be slightly wider than my stock 205 michelin all seasons. Everyone is so concerned with stretch but really a little stretch does good for turn in response and handling overall. As long as the tread width is at least 7 I wouldn't be all that worried about it as it will likely be more than advertised when mounted on 8 inch wide wheels. I plan to get these wheels and run 205/45 continental extreme contact sport they have a 7 inch tread width and 8.4 section and are only 18 lbs each and have rave reviews. That's only 32.5 lbs per corner when combined with these wheels. That's 4 lbs per less than my current setup for summer which is already 6 lbs per under stock making this konig setup 10 lbs per corner lighter than my stock setup which is huge obviously. I will get some winter tires for my pro race wheels and have a nice looking light weight setup year round :)

DaveG99

I have seen 205 hancook rs4's on an 8" wheel and it hardly looks stretched at all. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/15847-Tire-Stretch-and-Maximizing-Performance/page2

I plan on getting either the falken azenis 215/45/16 or the bfg rival S 1.5 in a 215/45/16. If I were to do a 205 tire on them it would have to be a really wide one liek the rs4.

Last edited:

LILIKE16ST

I have seen 205 hancook rs4's on an 8" wheel and it hardly looks stretched at all. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/15847-Tire-Stretch-and-Maximizing-Performance/page2

I plan on getting either the falken azenis 215/45/16 or the bfg rival S 1.5 in a 215/45/16. If I wear to do a 205 tire on them it would have to be a really wide one liek the rs4.
That picture of those 16x8 in that thread with 205 rs4 looks awesome that's exactly the look I'm going for.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
With all of the concern with ride quality I hear from so many on here, that 'turn-in sharpening stretch' everyone touts must also come with a rougher ride as well, since it helps negate the 'cushioning benefits' of the taller side walls everyone goes to in order to get more ride comfort. ;)

(The side wall has to be made firmer one way or another in order to get that desired 'sharp' turn-in, i.e.; either made shorter in height, or firmed by stretching, given the same construction. Can't really have it BOTH ways, sharp turn-in AND cushy ride.)

DaveG99

The stiffer the ride the better for me. Cushy ride is for luxury cars. If you want a soft riding car you bought the wrong car!

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
With all of the concern with ride quality I hear from so many on here, that 'turn-in sharpening stretch' everyone touts must also come with a rougher ride as well, since it helps negate the 'cushioning benefits' of the taller side walls everyone goes to in order to get more ride comfort. ;)

(The side wall has to be made firmer one way or another in order to get that desired 'sharp' turn-in, i.e.; either made shorter in height, or firmed by stretching, given the same construction. Can't really have it BOTH ways, sharp turn-in AND cushy ride.)

I also love the people saying a stretched tire has better turn in etc........ 1/2 these cars will never see track or autocross etc where will notice enough anyways. The first year I had my car my wheel setup for autocross was a 225 starspec on a 7 wheel because many were running it. I then went to a 205 on a 7 and it felt better but it sure wasn't horrible with the pinched 225. Many wouldn't feel the difference on the street I'm sure. I plan to get these wheels for my daily setup and wanna go for a nice square setup.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm still on the fence and will change my mind every day till March. But I think I have it down to the 3 tires I'll go with. The BFG comp 2s with the super crazy wide 205 with UHP performance, the price/performance of the continental 205 with the stretch, or the performance overkill of the 215 Azenis. I had the Continental DWs on my GTO and absolutely loved them. I'd recommend those any day.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The stiffer the ride the better for me. Cushy ride is for luxury cars. If you want a soft riding car you bought the wrong car!
Could not agree more!! [twothumb]

But, I often hear about the "jarring ride" on this site as a complaint against the car as it came from the factory, among other things which do not bother ME in the least!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also love the people saying a stretched tire has better turn in etc........ 1/2 these cars will never see track or autocross etc where will notice enough anyways. The first year I had my car my wheel setup for autocross was a 225 starspec on a 7 wheel because many were running it. I then went to a 205 on a 7 and it felt better but it sure wasn't horrible with the pinched 225. Many wouldn't feel the difference on the street I'm sure. I plan to get these wheels for my daily setup and wanna go for a nice square setup.
AGREED! [thumb]

But the naysayers will claim that the Star Specs, and all of the other 200 tread wear and below gumballs have an inherently stiffer sidewall anyway (because of construction for their intended purposes), so the 'pinch' does not have as as much of a negative 'mushiness' effect as a more 'pedestrian' tire would on a narrower wheel.

But yes, it all gets back to what is actually needed, or even potentially usable on the street vs. track/autocross. ;)

LILIKE16ST

I don't expect this car to ride like a Cadillac but if you can get a little nicer ride while increasing performance and handling why not do that? Sure 225 is gonna do just fine on the street on a 7 inch wheel...but a 205 or 215 on an 8 is gonna feel much better and crisper and improve upon what is already great about this car.....strengthening it's strengths so to speak. Some may not notice but I definitely did. I didn't really notice any loss at all in sharpness with my setup and the sidewalls are an inch taller than stock so the width of the wheel has to contribute to this. I would bet anything the same tire on a 6 or 7 inch 15 wouldn't feel nearly as sharp. That being said these dekas are perfect for this car and I can't wait to get them :)

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I don't expect this car to ride like a Cadillac but if you can get a little nicer ride while increasing performance and handling why not do that? Sure 225 is gonna do just fine on the street on a 7 inch wheel...but a 205 or 215 on an 8 is gonna feel much better and crisper and improve upon what is already great about this car.....strengthening it's strengths so to speak. Some may not notice but I definitely did. I didn't really notice any loss at all in sharpness with my setup and the sidewalls are an inch taller than stock so the width of the wheel has to contribute to this. I would bet anything the same tire on a 6 or 7 inch 15 wouldn't feel nearly as sharp. That being said these dekas are perfect for this car and I can't wait to get them :)

What tires plan to run?

LILIKE16ST

What tires plan to run?
I'm thinking the continental extreme cs in 205/45 more than likely it's an 8.1 section and 7 inch tread width that was measured on a 7 inch wheel I think it'll more than likely be slightly more on an 8. I don't think it will be stretched all that much either because my bfg on my 8 inch team dynamics wheels has a measured 7.9 section and it isn't stretched all that much. These tires are great daily driver performance summer tires that can get decent life and perform great and these only weigh 18 lbs so that would make the setup 32.5 lbs per corner on these wheels which is a full 10 lbs per corner less than my stock setup was and 4 lbs per corner less than my current summer setup. It's not just the weight that makes me want to change I think these wheels are probably going to look perfect on this car dropped an inch on the swift spec r springs I plan on running. I really like the style of these wheels....they look like tbose xxr wheels only much stronger and much lighter so it's gonna be great on all fronts.

DaveG99

I dont know why anyone would buy any other wheel. These are extremely light at 14.5lbs, flowformed, great looking, are made by a good company with a good reputation, and only cost $142 each. They cost less than 15" rotas! These are THE wheel to get.

The only downside is tire choice. But there are 2 very capable tire choices: 215/45/16's bfg rival s and falken azenis. You can also put a rs4 in a 205/45/16 that woukd fit pretty well. Also they only come in black

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I dont know why anyone would buy any other wheel. These are extremely light at 14.5lbs, flowformed, great looking, are made by a good company with a good reputation, and only cost $142 each. They cost less than 15" rotas! These are THE wheel to get.

The only downside is tire choice. But there are 2 very capable tire choices: 215/45/16's bfg rival s and falken azenis. You can also put a rs4 in a 205/45/16 that woukd fit pretty well. Also they only come in black
AGREED!

IF they were available when I bought my 17x8 Pro Race 1.2s, they'd be on the car as the spring summer setup with a 225/45-16 on them (if that cleared without major rubbing). ;)
As it is, eventually, I may get a set of these once I 'catch up' on all of the other essential mods (i.e.; suspension, seats, lightweight parts, etc.), including alloy winter wheels, again, IF they are still available at that point. :(

I like the wheels, I'll still be watching for people to get them, fit them, and tire selection, but I personally don't like black wheels on black cars so these are a no go for me. And I'm definitely not going to buy them for ~$600 then pay to paint or powdercoat them. The fact that they're releasing the wheel and the color selection is so poor for the 4x108 was just more fuel to push me to the 4x100 conversion. Tools purchased, spare hub from rock-auto for testing purchased and I will start the project when it warms up in the spring. I even purchased my wheels already :)

I ended up discovering that tire rack was doing closeout on the TRMotorsport FF10 in 17x8 +40 4x100 so I ended up being able to pick up 5 of them for $595 and they came with hub rings, lugnuts and key. Specs say 17.1 lbs and they’re light grey so I’m stoked.