Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I understand that you were just using that (randomly picked) size as an example, but Federal (as well as EVERYONE ELSE, sadly enough, save for a few FULL ROAD RACE, 00-40 tread wear, SLICKS) does NOT produce ANY tire in a 16"/17" 225/40 (IF they did make a 225/40-17, they would be on my 17x8 Pro Race 1.2 summer wheels as we speak, instead of their 215/40-17 RS-RRs). [:(]
Actually I was using that as an example because I ran both brands on my M3 with 18’s and Federal makes a 225/40 for 18’s

You could easily run a Feddy 215/40 17 on your ST with 17x8 inch wheels as it has a section width of 8.5 inches.

it states it right here

http://www.federaltire.com/spec/spec.php?type=gbl&model=595RS-RR

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Actually I was using that as an example because I ran both brands on my M3 with 18’s and Federal makes a 225/40 for 18’s

You could easily run a Feddy 215/40 17 on your ST with 17x8 inch wheels as it has a section width of 8.5 inches.

it states it right here

Yeah, I KNOW, as like I've stated, I have had their RS-RRs in a 215/40-17 mounted on those wheels for almost two years now.

IF their 595RS Pro was available back then, I would have gone with that, since it's tread width is a bit wider than the RS-RR's in that size. [:(]

HBEcoBeaST

So my buddy bought my slipstreams off me and I just pulled the trigger on these konigs.

$518 shipped from Summit racing using their 50years coupon for $50 off. Pretty sure I'm going with 205/50r16 Indy 500s unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

A7xogg

So my buddy bought my slipstreams off me and I just pulled the trigger on these konigs.

$518 shipped from Summit racing using their 50years coupon for $50 off. Pretty sure I'm going with 205/50r16 Indy 500s unless someone convinces me otherwise.

How low are you?

Go 205/45/16 Hankook RS4! I want to see what they look like and it’s a great tire.

HBEcoBeaST

That should look and preform great then! I think I'm too low for a 205 50 but I'm 1.4 inches lower than stock
I've seen a 205/50r16 on Mountune springs and that's about as low as you can go with the taller tire.

Jerickson88

it states it right here

I’m running that on stock wheels and will be when I swap to a 17x7.5/8

HBEcoBeaST

After moving to an all season, I can’t see it any other way!
Luckily in southern California I don't need the all seasons. I'm coming from stock size Ironman imove gen 2 all seasons I'm sure a decent summer tire will seem like slicks in comparison. The Ironmans are cheap tires but I'm impressed with them for the price point. Decent grip and very controllable breakaway with good feedback.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Luckily in southern California I don't need the all seasons. I'm coming from stock size Ironman imove gen 2 all seasons I'm sure a decent summer tire will seem like slicks in comparison. The Ironmans are cheap tires but I'm impressed with them for the price point. Decent grip and very controllable breakaway with good feedback.

Yes, even the Indy 500s, Contis, or any other summer tire over 300 tread wear (or even 400 trad wear, like the old school Direzzas) will seem like road race slicks as compared to those tires, even as impressed as you were with them. [thumb] [driving] ;)

Last edited:

Jerickson88

I’m in Central AL where we have 4 seasons in a week. It can snow in January and by the weekend be 85*! I considered those tires but wanted to try something different. Had them on an e500 amg

A7xogg

Pretty sure it was these konigs.

The only guy I saw with the Indy 500 on these konig was a 205 45 16, and they were really stretched. 205 50 would be much better but I think I might be too low for that tall tire + these wheels stick out to the fender

HBEcoBeaST

The only guy I saw with the Indy 500 on these konig was a 205 45 16, and they were really stretched. 205 50 would be much better but I think I might be too low for that tall tire + these wheels stick out to the fender
I think you are too low for the 205/50. Its gonna be stretched but the pictures I saw didn't look bad. I'd really like a 215/45 but there's only race tires in that size. With the mileage I do any 200 or less treadwear would need replacing several times a year