Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

koozy

3000 Post Club
I wouldn't be surprised if the price goes up, they can certainly afford to do that with such demand. I can also see Konig expanding their wheel offering in this particular specification. According to my rep at Performance Tire the container that came in a few days ago is all but gone. It's up to Konig to do what they have to do to meet demand while they have the spot light. I don't think Konig is purposefully doing anything, they have many wheels, sizes, etc., IMO they just didn't anticipate the popularity for this wheel in this spec and pricing.

The other issue they run in to is that this particular specification of 16x8 and 4x108...i feel like once you finally fill the demand...it doesn't just keep going, right? Like once people have their wheels and are satisfied, barring mishaps etc, theres no need to keep ordering more.

For what its worth, i did significantly more legwork and found out that the sets of dekagrams were bought by Summit Racing. I just placed my order, and they actually had one set on hand, which i'll have next week.

Good luck!

The other issue they run in to is that this particular specification of 16x8 and 4x108...i feel like once you finally fill the demand...it doesn't just keep going, right? Like once people have their wheels and are satisfied, barring mishaps etc, theres no need to keep ordering more.

For what its worth, i did significantly more legwork and found out that the sets of dekagrams were bought by Summit Racing. I just placed my order, and they actually had one set on hand, which i'll have next week.

Good luck!
Well that's some BS. I have an order through Summit placed in April, and have no new news from them. Just reached back out, hopefully they sort this out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My local tire place said they can order directly from Konigs stateside distributor, based out in Cali. They quoted me $138 a wheel with free ground shipping which I thought was very fair.

Also the Konig rep I talked to a few weeks ago said 'No Bueno' on the bronze version in our size due to lack of projected demand. When asked: what would change their mind? They said someone who can put down a deposit on an order of 80 wheels or more. Ugh!

Its just hard when nobody even shares our wheel needs in the community. cant even get together with anyone. 20 sets would almost be doable maybe. especially a year or two ago i bet.

Yeah that right there ^^ Two years ago these would have sold like hot cakes. Heck, RAAAMaudio would have bought at least 5 sets! [tongue]

koozy

3000 Post Club
A view upon opening the box.

Center cap, Konig logo decal for cap, and allen tool are included.

Decals on the inner wheel barrel.

Back side.

Hub facing side details.

Wheel specs are etched into the inside rim.

Wheel weight on home scale.

HBEcoBeaST

I'm pretty sure someone else posted 15.5lbs. still not bad for an 8" wide 16" wheel.

Due to availability and daily driver high mileage tire selection I'm going rota slips. They also are projected to weigh much less than they actually do. (Projected 12.9lbs actual 14.4lbs)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LOL, or my scale is off. We need more people to confirm before they rush off to mount them. I'm too lazy to put 1lb. on my scale to see if it's 1lb. [hihi]
Haha, yeah I mean how else do you actually tell that somebody cares about weight? That would be a big difference.

I'm pretty sure someone else posted 15.5lbs. still not bad for an 8" wide 16" wheel.

Due to availability and daily driver high mileage tire selection I'm going rota slips. They also are projected to weigh much less than they actually do. (Projected 12.9lbs actual 14.4lbs)

Rotas are like the underdog wheels on this car. Few have had the pleasure of driving one.

koozy

3000 Post Club

I think the 15x7.5 Rota Slipstreams are rated at 12.9lbs. I had 16x7 Rota Slipstreams and they weighed in at 14lbs. on the same scale I weighed the Dekagrams.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A view upon opening the box.

Center cap, Konig logo decal for cap, and allen tool are included.

Decals on the inner wheel barrel.

Back side.

Hub facing side details.

Wheel specs are etched into the inside rim.

Wheel weight on home scale.
Now THOSE are some purdy hoops!! [twothumb] [cool]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can also see Konig expanding their wheel offering in this particular specification.
It would be cool IF this current momentous demand 'inspired' them to be kind enough to release their Dial-In, Rennform, etc. flow formed wheels in our PCD/ETs in sizes we could use as well. [wink] [coolsmile] [thumb]