Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Falken Azenis RT615K+ 215/45/16
Koni Sport Yellow
Swift Springs ~1" Drop

No rubbing at all during a vigorous canyon run! [thumb] Man these tires grip!
The RT615K+ tire sits flush with the oem fender. Just a hair clearance under compression in the rear. IMO I'm pretty sure this is the limit tire size that can fit under a mildly lowered ST without rubbing unless u mod the fenders.
N-I-C-E!! [twothumb] [driving]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Very nice fitment, looks great, just what I like:)

Flushed look, tire sidewall and tread width(8" which is about max on an 8" wheel which is 9" to the outside of the beads) giving a slight stretch, diameter looks good, wheel offset not crazy....nice overall results:)

I have not driven a set of those tires since the last version which was very hard, noisy and got greasy very quickly when pushed hard but have read that these are quite improved in all areas so I will dig in and see if I can add them to my recommended list.

(Tire rack shows 7.6" tread width, Falken site shows 8.0", either way it is the widest tread I would want on an 8" wheel if a full 8" but 7.6" is still a pretty wide 215:)

--------------------

I just did a bit of searching for real use reviews and as much from experienced viewpoints as I could find in a short amount of time, then search for other tires with similar ratings, size, etc...and these seem to be a very nice tire for the money but not the stickiest tires but can take some abuse and keep on going.

For my use I would spend the $120 more for a set of Rival S 1.5 which might not last as long but more grip all around and from personal experience with the original Rival S which I have have 4 year old set with at least 15k but more likely 18k miles on them with over half the tread left(I rarely use them for anything but cruising now, they would of been gone long ago if tracking or autocrossing on them)

For those with 16x8 wheels either set of tires gives you a good amount of rubber on the road and great performance.

I will stick with my 15x9 and 225 Rival S and go to the 1.5 when these are finally gone but I would like to run 245s, one set I could use, a very tough fit under the rear fenders if possible but they are not hugely wider so still just enough sidewall support to be OK on a 9 though most 245s do better on a 10 in real performance maters.

Last edited:
I just did a bit of searching for real use reviews and as much from experienced viewpoints as I could find in a short amount of time, then search for other tires with similar ratings, size, etc...and these seem to be a very nice tire for the money but not the stickiest tires but can take some abuse and keep on going.

For my use I would spend the $120 more for a set of Rival S 1.5 which might not last as long but more grip all around and from personal experience with the original Rival S which I have have 4 year old set with at least 15k but more likely 18k miles on them with over half the tread left(I rarely use them for anything but cruising now, they would of been gone long ago if tracking or autocrossing on them)

For those with 16x8 wheels either set of tires gives you a good amount of rubber on the road and great performance
I was debating between Rival S and RT615K+ in the same size. The tire specs are almost the same. But the deal breaker for me like you mentioned was Rival S was $120- more.
Supposedly Falken improved the new RT615+ tire compound over the previous non plus version to remedy its weaknesses. Time will tell if it made a difference as more people try these on.

Yeah, not the best options in that size. That's why I'm going with the BFG sport comp 2s in 205 45 16. At a 8.1 section width and 8 tread width they will see optimal levels of stretch on 8inch rims. Lots of Miata guys are doing this exact thing on 15x8 with those tires at 205 45. Main reasoning for choice was I live in the PNW and we see lots of rain and bumpy roads, plus I don't want to keep purchasing tires due poor treadwear.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I really liked the SC2 on the ST Academy cars, easy to drive fast, long wearing, good feedback, etc...a good choice for your location and needs:)

I hope the + version of the Falken turns out to be a great tire an more competitive with the top sticky tires for less money is always a good thing!

Just got off the phone with Performance Tire. The next shipment of Dekagrams is at the end of the month and will only go toward filling backorders.

Yeah its painful. I broke a wheel recently and need transportation and wanted to do a nice upgrade. im in to the RPF1s also but i lose an inch of width and pay 300 more dollars. it hurts.

A7xogg

Yeah its painful. I broke a wheel recently and need transportation and wanted to do a nice upgrade. im in to the RPF1s also but i lose an inch of width and pay 300 more dollars. it hurts.
If you have an order with performance tire, you should check to see if they shipped. They got the shipment in yesterday and i got a tracking number!

Unfortunately when I spoke with one of their reps they said the whole order was spoken for i n back orders so I didn't habe a standing order.

A7xogg

Performancetireplus doesnt know when there next order will be coming. Just as a headsup for yall.
You could always call a couple of other wheel venders to see if they have any in stock or anything. Konig supplies way more than just performance plus tire

So Konig had some on hand as of last night. Went to local (25 ni yte drive) merchants to order them. Put down 500 only to be called back an hour later that someone bought every set they have. This is aggravating. I wonder who has them. Merchants was willing to order from that company but now were suddenly at 40 more dollars a wheel

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is Konig PURPOSELY keeping the demand impossibly high so that their vendors/distributors have a chance to gouge like above?!? [mad]