Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Davenport
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkle_Star View Post
    I think I have discovered something about the automatic climate control function.

When using the windshield wipers, the a/c stays on - even if you're trying to warm the cabin up. I thought it was neat when I realized it.
    Why would A/C turn off when using the wipers? Do you mean defrosting the windshield? That's pretty much the norm.

New Member 6 Rep Points Sprinkle_Star's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Arlington
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    Why would A/C turn off when using the wipers? Do you mean defrosting the windshield? That's pretty much the norm.
    Where I live, it hasn't rained for a while, and it's usually in the 40s when I drive home from work. When it wasn't raining, I'd turn on auto climate control, and the a/c wouldn't be turned on automatically since i have it set to 75.

Last night was rainy, but at no time did I need to use defrost. I noticed that the a/c was turned on automatically, and i bet it's because i needed to have the wipers running.

Much like the headlights automatically turn on when you use the wipers (even during the day), the a/c turns on automatically when the wipers are on.

When the a/c is running, it dehumidifies the air, so that's why it's programmed to turn on when wipers are used.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    san anselmo
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A/C used to come on in my old STi whenver I turner on the defroster. Seemed to work way better than just warm air.
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport Cobb AP, knob. Tint.

Member 112 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

For any vehicle that is equipped with a compressor, it is normal for it activate with the defrost function. It is also normal for it cease function, specifically when ambient temps are below freezing.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

New Member 6 Rep Points Sprinkle_Star's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Arlington
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you all saying that the defroster turns on when the wipers are in use and automatic climate control is selected?

My a/c doesn't turn on automatically when i set the temperature to 75 during cold nights... unless I'm using the wipers.

Member 93 Rep Points Spaceman_Spiff's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    JeffCo
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a recent "discovery": you can unlock the doors from the rear doors if you pull the door handle twice while it's locked (from the inside, obviously). My daughter was goofing around in the car and I locked the doors so she wouldn't get out. She pulled the handle twice and all the doors unlocked. Tried it a few more times and same result.
    '16 FiST: White Platinum, Black wheels.

Member 93 Rep Points Spaceman_Spiff's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    JeffCo
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    You can voice control HVAC. I believe the command is Climate Control...Set Temperature...XX°. Pretty useless since you could change it several times before you could finish by voice, but the option is there.
    I started a thread on this a while back. The car I test drove (with recarros and nav) had this feature - the salesman even demo'd it to me. My car (minus those features) does not do that. There were a few others who chimed in with various other option combos who had varied results. Weird, right?
    '16 FiST: White Platinum, Black wheels.

Member 29 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Menifee
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 15 does that. My 69 year old dad thinks it's bad ass lol. It's true it is faster to do it manually by far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Senior Member 732 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff View Post
    Here's a recent "discovery": you can unlock the doors from the rear doors if you pull the door handle twice while it's locked (from the inside, obviously). My daughter was goofing around in the car and I locked the doors so she wouldn't get out. She pulled the handle twice and all the doors unlocked. Tried it a few more times and same result.
    This sounds like it would be contrary to NHTSA laws/regs, since it would allow a child to do exactly what your daughter did, and open the door while the car is MOVING (or is it rendered totally non-functional when the car is moving? {I HOPE!} ).

It just seems strange that we have rear windows which cannot roll all the way down, and then they put something like this in as a function.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Member 40 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Mesa
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    This sounds like it would be contrary to NHTSA laws/regs, since it would allow a child to do exactly what your daughter did, and open the door while the car is MOVING (or is it rendered totally non-functional when the car is moving? {I HOPE!} ).

It just seems strange that we have rear windows which cannot roll all the way down, and then they put something like this in as a function.
    I'm pretty sure the child safety lock overrides this when it's enabled. Or we would have heard a crap storm about kids opening Fiesta doors while in motion and getting hurt.

2016 Fiesta ST - Kona Blue | Recaros & moonroof
    Cobb AP Panda Flash Tuned | CP-E Nexus cat-back | DEPO intercooler & charge pipes
    1995 F150 Eddie Bauer - big, slow and stock

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast