Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where is my boost?

Hi all. I've been working on getting a custom tune. My tuner says I'm not getting the boost he's commanding, and there's something not right.

Mods:
- Whoosh FMIC
- GFB DV+
- high-flow Mountune/K&N knock-off filter

At his request, I swapped the OEM diverter valve back on, and no noticeable change. I've adjusted the wastegate actuator (1.5 turns out) and I don't think there's any change - at least not any POSITIVE change since now it doesn't feel like the boost comes on as strong/quickly as it did before, but I'm still waiting on the log to be reviewed.

I've checked and double checked all my hoses, and even replaced the FMIC hose clamps. All the other clamps are bulging the hoses with how tight they are clamped down.

Where else could I be losing boost? Is there a method for checking for boost leaks? (Boost is supposed to be somewhere in the 25psi range, but I'm getting a max of 24.7psi.)

felopr

Hi all. I've been working on getting a custom tune. My tuner says I'm not getting the boost he's commanding, and there's something not right.

Mods:
- Whoosh FMIC
- GFB DV+
- high-flow Mountune/K&N knock-off filter

At his request, I swapped the OEM diverter valve back on, and no noticeable change. I've adjusted the wastegate actuator (1.5 turns out) and I don't think there's any change - at least not any POSITIVE change since now it doesn't feel like the boost comes on as strong/quickly as it did before, but I'm still waiting on the log to be reviewed.

I've checked and double checked all my hoses, and even replaced the FMIC hose clamps. All the other clamps are bulging the hoses with how tight they are clamped down.

Where else could I be losing boost? Is there a method for checking for boost leaks? (Boost is supposed to be somewhere in the 25psi range, but I'm getting a max of 24.7psi.)
boost pressure drop from the FMIC?
IF you didnt know, the fmic never spits the same amount of psi that you injected it, there is always some boost pressure drop. IF you input 1 psi your output maybe 0.95, higher or lower depending on the Core

OP
Spaceman_Spiff
Thread Starter #4
boost pressure drop from the FMIC?
IF you didnt know, the fmic never spits the same amount of psi that you injected it, there is always some boost pressure drop. IF you input 1 psi your output maybe 0.95, higher or lower depending on the Core
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that... Where is the boost measured?

He's indicating that my car isn't doing what it supposed to be doing, and I know I'm not the first fiesta/focus he's tuned.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the symposer is leaking somehow. Perhaps I'll go to Home Depot tomorrow and grab a cap...