Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Different tune for different seasons?

I am living in central Florida and was wondering with our summers being so brutal and the winters being nice, do any of you guys have separate tunes? Wasn't sure how much temperature would affect the tune.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I am living in central Florida and was wondering with our summers being so brutal and the winters being nice, do any of you guys have separate tunes? Wasn't sure how much temperature would affect the tune.

I used a different less aggressive tune for winter when I was on stock turbo. I did this because my normal tune which worked well in the summer/warmer weather would spin the tires too much in the winter with the colder temps and cold tires/roads. It made the car more driveable. However I don't care anymore, I just stay on my full power tune all the time now and pay attention to throttle input.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
I used a different less aggressive tune for winter when I was on stock turbo. I did this because my normal tune which worked well in the summer/warmer weather would spin the tires too much in the winter with the colder temps and cold tires/roads. It made the car more driveable. However I don't care anymore, I just stay on my full power tune all the time now and pay attention to throttle input.
Thanks!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I'm in the same area. No need you'll just make less power when the heat and humidity are brutal.

Markeeey_

I know being in Vegas in the summer, a lot of us ran into rough idles because of the heat but that was about it. That was just fixed by running a step colder iridium plugs. If your with a tuner that offers lifetime tunes like Tune+, you could always send in data logs to be looked at and revised if you're paranoid.

you will notice in the winter here in florida your car will feel a lot stronger then in the summer. i would recommend using 50/50 methenol to keep the engine cooler for the summer use. yes,i use it year round.