Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New Member 5 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Driven that road before back in my 240sx days. It's a famous road in SoCal lots of Miata's on it as well as bikes. It's known to be extremely dangerous and there is definetly no margin for error. It's not one of my favorite roads for that very reason.
    Seen stories about 240's going off that road plus a number of other cars. Usually occupants wind up dead. It's almost one of those rites of passage roads for Inland Empire SoCal teens( which I am not and have never been lol) . It's sad and the guy obviously should not have been out on it. Given he had reported circumstances like no seat belts on etc...
    Last edited by Dpro; 11-13-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Member 27 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's crazy how people still have a problem wearing seatbelts... Like damn.. But yeah, that road is super popular along with Angeles Crest Highway and any other road in SoCal. It's really sad.
    Current: '16 FiST Green Envy (E35ish tune) Depo catless DP, mufflerless side exit, 2JR intake, COBB AP
    Prior:04 SAAB 93 Linear Steel Grey (BCB Stage 3)
    03 MSP Blazing Yellow
    06 Mazdspeed6 Black Cherry Mica (Cobb Stage 2)

Member 99 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Sheboygan
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the road? If so it looks damn scary.

https://youtu.be/JD3_fxh3M1k

Senior Member 695 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

900 FEET!

It is amazing that car is not a LITERAL tiny little ball/crusher cube of steel, rubber, plastic, alloy and human remains!

Condolences to the deceased, but not wearing belts is PLEADING for death.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

New Member 5 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plainrt View Post

Yup GMR , sometimes CHP is out there making sure people don't go nuts. If you live in SoCal though it's up there on the one of the roads you have to drive at least once list.

The views are awesome and it does feel like your in a completely different world. But... Those awesome views and how narrow it is have a lot to do with it taking people's lives. That video crash was minor. Crashes are epic there much like the one last weekend.

It was big in the drifting world in the early 2000's . Again no margin for error when you're drifting it either. I preferred other roads and track for drifting. Part of the reason I love the FiST is because it slides its rear end and drives like a RWD car.
    Last edited by Dpro; 11-14-2017 at 01:56 PM.

New Member 34 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    _
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plainrt View Post

Yes, that's it. See that beautiful photography and scenery? That's what is magic about that road. That area has been used for vehicle photography for longer than most of us have been alive. I occasionally see commercials from the 60s and 70s filmed there.
    My wife and I drove it the other day and hardly saw anyone, maybe two cars. We saw an owl and just parked in the middle of the road and turned off the car and watched for 5-10 minutes (while I listened for cars)...no one came along. The many knuckleheads like the ones seen in the video (which depicts a centerline-crossing idiot in an EVO in a minor crash after passing on a blind corner on an adjacent road with a centerline, and a Volvo in a less minor crash) are going to get it closed for EVERYONE. The road with a centerline is AOK in my book (GMR). It's the most epic piece of road around for cars with reasonable HP and fair game if you keep your shit in your lane. The road without the centerline (GRR) should be off limits to hooning.

New Member 5 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
    Yes, that's it. See that beautiful photography and scenery? That's what is magic about that road. That area has been used for vehicle photography for longer than most of us have been alive. I occasionally see commercials from the 60s and 70s filmed there.
    My wife and I drove it the other day and hardly saw anyone, maybe two cars. We saw an owl and just parked in the middle of the road and turned off the car and watched for 5-10 minutes (while I listened for cars)...no one came along. The many knuckleheads like the ones seen in the video (which depicts a centerline-crossing idiot in an EVO in a minor crash after passing on a blind corner on an adjacent road with a centerline, and a Volvo in a less minor crash) are going to get it closed for EVERYONE. The road with a centerline is AOK in my book (GMR). It's the most epic piece of road around for cars with reasonable HP and fair game if you keep your shit in your lane. The road without the centerline (GRR) should be off limits to hooning.
    You want epic there are couple of roads in central cal that are amazing. Hwy 198 between King City and Coalinga. Hwy 25 from just below Gilroy down to Paso Robles on the top of the mountains between the Central Valley and the Salinas Vallley 70 miles no stops. It's well known in the Motorcycle world.

New Member 9 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Arcadia
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have looked at this picture multiple times and just noticed the person laying on the rock.

Member 32 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Sherwood Park
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I hate to see anyone die, no sympathy for this driver. Trying to drive like Ken Block with less than 1% of his skill. If you plan to drive like an idiot, at least leave your friends at home. With any luck, you will just take yourself out and hopefully not hit another car.

New Member 9 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Long Beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Terrible tragedy...I wonder if the owner was on here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast