Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuned with high mileage?

Hi All,

Looking to getting an AP soon with and IC as well. Was just wondering who's running OTS or custom (non-dyno) tunes and have high miles on their FiST (60k+). Just trying to get an idea how our cars hold up to tunes over many many miles. I had a 1.8T jetta on an APR tune that made it to 240k miles before I got rid of it, was hoping to get a feel if my Fiesta will be up to the same task.

Thanks in advanced!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There is a member on here, [MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION], who was tuned for (I believe) most of his 180K+ miles of ownership, and has had the Mountune MRX turbo kit on from ~170K miles, if that gives any indication of the power train's durability. ;)

antarctica24

Hi All,

Looking to getting an AP soon with and IC as well. Was just wondering who's running OTS or custom (non-dyno) tunes and have high miles on their FiST (60k+). Just trying to get an idea how our cars hold up to tunes over many many miles. I had a 1.8T jetta on an APR tune that made it to 240k miles before I got rid of it, was hoping to get a feel if my Fiesta will be up to the same task.

Thanks in advanced!
Go look at the thread on high mileage cars and you’ll see a thread I just posted with all the stock stuff still on my engine including the factory clutch 181,000 miles and still kicking. I’m making probably in the 280/290 range.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Go look at the thread on high mileage cars and you’ll see a thread I just posted with all the stock stuff still on my engine including the factory clutch 181,000 miles and still kicking. I’m making probably in the 280/290 range.
That's pretty impressive. Did you rag the piss out of it when it was new? Wondering if you've ever had any issues or had to replace anything yet?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
According to his thread/posts, he is also still on the factory original serpentine belt, timing belt, coolant hoses, and NOT rebuilt at all transaxle/half shafts/CV joints!! [crazyeye]