Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can a few of you with intakes post pics of this part of your harness?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I purchased an intake that is supposed to be 2017 compatible - all of the examples I can find online appear to have a totally different harness than mine. I have less than 2" of slack for rerouting the harness as the instructions indicate, but the harness pictures in their instructions and other people's installation videos and pics seems to have a LOT of slack. I've included a picture of my harness, with not nearly enough slack, and I've included a picture from an installation video show a different harness with MUCH more slack. I'm guessing this must be a 2017 difference? I've been able to pull the harness tight to relocate as per the instructions and to fit around the intake pipe but the wires are pulled so tight it's a guaranteed early failure.

mine below

youtube installation video

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
if anyone replies with a photo, please include the year of the car and US or other country of origin.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll try to get you a photo tonight but I recall that connector having barely any slack at all. I had to give it a good tug to connect it to the Cobb intake

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk