Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS: Thermal R&D 3" Cat Back Exhaust $550 Shipped

Trader history for tiggerbren (0)

I'm selling this Thermal R&D 3" cat back exhaust. I got it about three weeks ago and drove it around for about two. It was purchased from Whoosh Motorsports and functions as advertised. This was my first aftermarket exhaust and I just don't like the attention. I miss quiet WOT. Simple as that.

The exhaust is still in great shape. Obviously there's some carbon on the inside of the pipes and, the closer you get to the downpipe side, a bronze hue has formed on the pipes, presumably from heat. It didn't rain at all when the exhaust was installed so it's still relatively clean.

Asking $550 shipped.

OP
tiggerbren
Thread Starter #3
Possible to ship to Alaska?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Let me see what the shipping cost is compared to the lower 48. Do you have any idea how much that usually adds to your shipping?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
tiggerbren, how did you like the sound during normal driving (city/cruise/idle)?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
tiggerbren, how did you like the sound during normal driving (city/cruise/idle)?
I have the same exhaust and I can say normal driving its fine and a good deep, low tone. Its not obnoxious by any means. No drone either.

Not trying to mess with his sale, I guess sound is all relative.

GLWS Whoever buys this exhaust will 100% LOVE it!

OP
tiggerbren
Thread Starter #6
Upon startup and idle the car is a little louder and there is a different tone than stock. It basically keeps that way until giving it some gas. It gets progressively louder as you advance through the revs. People say this kit doesn't drone on the highway and that is true.

I just preferred the mellower sound of the stock system, being able accelerate quickly without drawing attention, and I love the stock turbo noises which get lost with an aftermarket exhaust.

OP
tiggerbren
Thread Starter #7
I have the same exhaust and I can say normal driving its fine and a good deep, low tone. Its not obnoxious by any means. No drone either.

Not trying to mess with his sale, I guess sound is all relative.

GLWS Whoever buys this exhaust will 100% LOVE it!
I totally agree with TDavis on his description of the sound. I'm probably in the minority, but I really like the stock cabin sound. The symposer seems about right for me and I love the stock BPV sounds. If I were to make another change, it would be to run an intake again to amplify the turbo sounds rather than the exhaust. Of course this is all personal preference. I love racing loud cars on the track and for autox but I didn't know if I'd like that for street driving until I gave it a shot. I strongly suspected that I wouldn't love it but had to know for sure. The exhaust was the last thing I was allowed to do for H Street autox on my car. If it was a faster swap I'd consider throwing it back on for each autox event but that doesn't sound like fun.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Upon startup and idle the car is a little louder and there is a different tone than stock. It basically keeps that way until giving it some gas. It gets progressively louder as you advance through the revs. People say this kit doesn't drone on the highway and that is true.

I just preferred the mellower sound of the stock system, being able accelerate quickly without drawing attention, and I love the stock turbo noises which get lost with an aftermarket exhaust.
Exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you.