Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WISHLIST: Options for Fiesta?

Have the turn signal "clicks" transmitted through the speakers, at least as a settings option.
With the stereo off, the clicks are fine, for me anyway.
With a tune playing (not even necessarily blasting), not so obvious. And in daylight the gauge cluster blinkers aren't always visible.
A speaker enhanced "CLICKY" would be nice, IMHO.

I think its been mentioned but like my cousin's old TL, I'd like the be able to roll all the windows down (sunroof open) with the key fob, and have them close by clicking the door handle button three times or something like that.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I know the Ford liability lawyers probably balked at this decades ago, but REMOTE STARTING! If you can "safely" install a series of small explosives throughout the car, you can "safely" implement remote start on a manual shift. Unfortunately this option would require modifications to the drive train though. There *has* to be something other than a hand brake holding the vehicle. Maybe add a "P" position on the shifter, which engages a parking poll in the manual transmission... or better, a cable operated lever off to the far left side of the foot "rest" area.

A setting for the heated seats between OFF and BURNING

In the FoST I had before, you can choose between 0-5... 2 is the temperature of poop. Sometimes I would forget I've left it on and then freak out thinking I've shit my pants.

For folks interested in performance they should skip the moon roof. The extra weight of it is like driving around with a battery strapped to your roof.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For folks interested in performance they should skip the moon roof. The extra weight of it is like driving around with a battery strapped to your roof.
I agree wholeheartedly, also because of the added expense when bought new, and the begging for leaks it evokes, and it not being in the best position for effectiveness.

But, some just cannot do without that hole in the roof, regardless of the many drawbacks.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Leave the LED accent lighting on after ignition off; on 5 minute time delay -or- radio off -and- with door-open. As is now, it goes of after like five or twenty seconds of ignition off.

................. some just cannot do without that hole in the roof, regardless of the many drawbacks.
[raises hand] - It's either a hole... I mean battery on the roof or a drop-top... which those are even more problematic in terms of durability and reliability. [:)]

I know the Ford liability lawyers probably balked at this decades ago, but REMOTE STARTING! If you can "safely" install a series of small explosives throughout the car, you can "safely" implement remote start on a manual shift. Unfortunately this option would require modifications to the drive train though. There *has* to be something other than a hand brake holding the vehicle. Maybe add a "P" position on the shifter, which engages a parking poll in the manual transmission... or better, a cable operated lever off to the far left side of the foot "rest" area.
I agree with what you're saying. But I think if the vehicle can detect that the handbrake is on and the car is out of gear, then a remote start should be perfectly fine to use. I know the car can detect if its in gear or not and car determine if the handbrake is one, so i don't see what the big deal is. pisses me off but oh well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
[raises hand] - It's either a hole... I mean battery on the roof or a drop-top... which those are even more problematic in terms of durability and reliability. [:)]
Let's just say that I've learned from past experiences, LONG before ordering this car, that I can do without the heavy, rattling, leaking, roof weakener, and love the car MORE for not having one. [wink]

A ragtop is a whole 'nother story though, but one I would ONLY consider on a 2 seater, roadster, SPORTS CAR, or supercar, and NEVER on a sedan or a coupe.
(I would GLADY 'put up with' a drop top's downfalls to have an insane ride like Pelotonracer's convertible Z06. [driving] [crazyeye])

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
I agree with what you're saying. But I think if the vehicle can detect that the handbrake is on and the car is out of gear, then a remote start should be perfectly fine to use. I know the car can detect if its in gear or not and car determine if the handbrake is one, so i don't see what the big deal is. pisses me off but oh well.
In my prior car and over the course of twenty years, twice I've unwittingly set the hand brake on the edge of the teeth, and witnessed it snap loose, minutes later while still sitting in the car. Ordinarily I'd hop out and be gone. There has also been a time or few that I've gotten back in the car and saw that the hand brake wasn't set... which it would be unusual for me to forget. Sometimes they'll seize up of they're not used at all, but despite having automatic adjusters, hand brakes generally will slow fail. In roughly 18 months of ownership, I've already noticed a reduction in tension on the hand pull. This reduction usually translates into a reduced ability to hold on hills. While a responsible owner will take appropriate action, either seek maintenance and/or not park on hills, too many of us won't - then will sue Ford because the car set off down a hill after engine vibration exposed an already compromised brake. So the problem is, hand brakes aren't really reliable and require a backup of some sort.

With my prior vehicle, they used a rather stiff wire on the underside of the transmission; to the Neutral Position Switch. So through through the natural course of engine vibration, the wire would break-off at the switch. I re-soldered it, only to have it break off again. So I left it. The way the wiring diagram read, an open circuit meant that the ECU thought it was always in gear. After a break-in, had an aftermarket alarm system with remote start capability installed. The installer was technically forbidden from installing and enabling the remote start capability; and verbally told me so. But he later tried anyway, and failed, simply because he wasn't aware that the Neutral Switch was disconnected. He told me that it apparently didn't have a Neutral Switch hehehe.

Also and with advanced mileage, the hand brake became increasingly incapable of holding the vehicle on steep hills. One day I jacked up the rear and... forgot to loosen the lug nuts first. Oh well, just pull the hand brake and problem solved. Nope. One side rolled as if it weren't engaged at all. The other held super tight. The automatic adjuster was frozen. Relatively easy fix.

With really advanced mileage my handbrake gradually became utterly useless. Upon disassembly I discovered that the last of the teeth on the automatic brake adjusters were stripped. (I had already noticed from prior brake jobs that the teeth were gradually wearing down, starting from top and progressing toward the bottom.) Those aren't available new; only as a junkyard part.

Again, while I was responsible to the point of not parking on steep grades where engine compression/friction won't be sufficient, and turning my wheels into the curb, (we have high curbs here,) others won't be. Something other than the hand brake is required which means some sort of modification to the transmission.

I also had to fix the hand brake switch, due to corrosion. A prior owner had spilled a sticky drink into that area which probably didn't help either.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Added turn signal mirrors on to the motorcycle. Having that arrow on the car mirror is a nice addition.

More than that, a blind spot detection/warning indicator would be wonderful.

I don't think that's available on the Fiesta, but if I had it over to do again, I'd go for the blind spot indicator and heated mirrors. They've actually gotten fairly decent at detecting motorcycles. Really wanted the heated mirrors but just plain forgot.