Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pedal spacer--up and over?

I read somewhere on here about a pedal spacer that mover the pedal up AND over, but now I can't find it. Anyone know what brand that was?

Garageline. I just put one in recently, you won't regret it.
First time I've heard about this. I'm going to look into this Garageline spacer, [MENTION=6466]DangerMouse[/MENTION]. I bought my spacer from NoPistons shortly after picking up my used '15. Just put it on today and am disappointed. The part itself is of fantastic quality and fit great! But the gas pedal is still slightly too low and the right side of my Vans still can't grip the pedal like I could on my BMW.

Edit: That being said, I'm definitely going to go on a few more spirited runs before a make the decision to switch though.

DangerMouse

Yea it's nice but doesn't do enough. I had the Active shift design spacer but it was too thick, the garageline is perfect in my opinion. It won't be for everyone, bigger shoes could be an issue.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Yea it's nice but doesn't do enough. I had the Active shift design spacer but it was too thick, the garageline is perfect in my opinion. It won't be for everyone, bigger shoes could be an issue.
Ultimately, depends on the application. Garageline is perfect for the street, and is too tall for the track, IMHO. The sideways adjustability is useful, has quite a bit of travel. I suspect that the old 20 mm version would be just about right.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agreed! The 20mm Garage Line might (have been) the answer...

I first tried the No-Pistons basic spacer. It just raises the pedal assembly but is 'cheap' on Amazon. It's a very nicely made and well finished product. Definitely improved the pedal height placement and heel/toe, BUT - for me - was still too far away, laterally, from the brake pedal get consistent a blip with a comfortable foot roll. If you have big feet it may be just the right temperature porridge!

I recently got the Garage Line spacer with lateral adjustment to try. These now come in 30 mm thickness only. I called them to verify fitment on my 2017 FiST and they were very nice chaps on the phone. The 6061 billet aluminum is well milled and cleanly finished in black with their logo etched on. It's a bit tight to get the pedal assembly on with the amount of wiring harness slack but is otherwise easy to install. The lateral adjustment is great, but the 30 mm is much too thick, as others have commented, especially for harder, track braking.

I've measured all the thicknesses and plan to take it to a local machine shop to mill down to about 18 mm total thickness, which means re-milling the slots also. I will post an update (and will let Garage Line know too!) if that is the ticket.

(After 17 years enjoying flogging an E36 M3 on road and track I was spoiled rotten by it's perfect - for me - pedal positioning... I adore most of my FiST, it's astonishingly good on twisty mountain roads and a blast on the track, but Ford really gave us sucky pedal spacing!... In the 90's I mastered twisting my leg almost 90 deg and doing a heel kick for the blip in Integras, but my legs can't do that anymore [:(]!)

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I made a spacer out of .250" thick UHMW plastic along with my own gas pedal pad made from aluminum. I spent around $10 total and was able to get the pedal exactly where I wanted it. Most of the aftermarket spacers move the pedal too far away from the floor, which means that under hard braking, the gas pedal is too close to your body to blip the throttle. I experimented with a number of spacer heights until I found the right location. On my dad's RS, I used a .188" pedal spacer with the Focus ST/RS aluminum pedal pad from Steeda. The Steeda pedal pad is much thicker than mine, so I went with a thinner spacer.

Here is the Steeda pedal pad and UHMW spacer on the Focus RS

2017 Focus RS by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

The pedal pad is the same as the ST.

My pedal pad during initial fit up

Prototype gas pedal installed for testing. Heel-n-toe downshifting is much easier with the wider pedal. by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

Agreed! The 20mm Garage Line might (have been) the answer...

I first tried the No-Pistons basic spacer. It just raises the pedal assembly but is 'cheap' on Amazon. It's a very nicely made and well finished product. Definitely improved the pedal height placement and heel/toe, BUT - for me - was still too far away, laterally, from the brake pedal get consistent a blip with a comfortable foot roll. If you have big feet it may be just the right temperature porridge!

I recently got the Garage Line spacer with lateral adjustment to try. These now come in 30 mm thickness only. I called them to verify fitment on my 2017 FiST and they were very nice chaps on the phone. The 6061 billet aluminum is well milled and cleanly finished in black with their logo etched on. It's a bit tight to get the pedal assembly on with the amount of wiring harness slack but is otherwise easy to install. The lateral adjustment is great, but the 30 mm is much too thick, as others have commented, especially for harder, track braking.

I've measured all the thicknesses and plan to take it to a local machine shop to mill down to about 18 mm total thickness, which means re-milling the slots also. I will post an update (and will let Garage Line know too!) if that is the ticket.

(After 17 years enjoying flogging an E36 M3 on road and track I was spoiled rotten by it's perfect - for me - pedal positioning... I adore most of my FiST, it's astonishingly good on twisty mountain roads and a blast on the track, but Ford really gave us sucky pedal spacing!... In the 90's I mastered twisting my leg almost 90 deg and doing a heel kick for the blip in Integras, but my legs can't do that anymore [:(]!)
Yeah, I wear a size 12.5/13 and the no pistons spacer put the pedal in a comfortable position for my big doofus clown shoes.

You want to experience goofy pedal spacing? Try out a fox mustang. [MENTION]BRGT350 [/MENTION]probably knows what I'm talking about.

DangerMouse

The garageline spacer is much better than the active shifts design spacer in my opinion.

I do wish the garageline was a little shorter, but compared to the others I'm very pleased with it.