Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM GTX360R and filling the gap in the big turbo game

All,

I was looking forward to purchasing a GTX360R. My goal has been to make 300whp on 93, and beyond with Aux fuel. What made the 360R the obvious choice was the achievable power and response. After recent events, my goals remain but the means to those goals were crushed.

So I am left with a few choices.

1. Wait around for DHM to return/buya used kit - No clue if DHM will return. I saw they had their domain changed and re-instated. I have little knowledge of the people that purchased the site or whether they are reputable enough to continue building the kit. As for buying used, that is possible, but it seems people are holding on to the kits tightly.

2. Wait for another builder to develop a big turbo kit with equally impressive results - I was seeing talk with the GT25 but I don't know any other shops developing a big power solution. There is the Pumaspeed but I am apprehensive and there isn't a lot of information on their kit.

3. Piece together a similar combination - Yeah, this would not be easy.

4. Settle for a X47R or MRX - I have considered these options.

Any and all suggestions and insights are welcome.

koozy

3000 Post Club
1. Wait around for DHM to return/buy a used kit - Buying used is a good idea, It's proven and DHM kit's still currently hold the records. Try contacting https://davinciperformance.com/ I think they bought DHM's IP (intellectual property) for the designs and jigs in the auction. The manifold on their webpage storefront looks like the DHM Fiesta ST turbo manifold. They just recently released an evolution of the DHM crash bar for sale.

2. Wait for another builder to develop a big turbo kit with equally impressive results - Progress is slow with this platform for big power. G25? get in line and though the novelty of a new turbo sounds enticing, the GTX Gen 2's are simply awesome.

3. Piece together a similar combination - That's mickey mouse.

4. Settle for a X47R or MRX - These options may have their limits depending on your goals.

Peron has a GTX kit available and looks very familiar. You won't find it on their website, you'll have to contact them. Just keep in mind that their kit was designed on a EU platform, shouldn't be an issue but no one's confirmed it will bolt up on a US platform without issues.

There's also Full-Race, who have a turbo kit in the works for over a year now. Word is it was based off an EFR, but that may have changed to a GTX with a new tubular manifold design, not the one depicted below with the EFR. Best to call them for most recent information and developments https://www.full-race.com/store/unc...esta-st-twinscroll-freakoboost-efr-turbo-kit/

Peron

Full-Race

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
I got a custom manifold made and used a precision turbo. From there dhm made a custom downpipe and hot side charge pipe for me. Ended up costing just a bit under what the dhm kits were going for. It's not that hard to piece together a kit
I forgot about your setup, which came out really nice and performs well. By mickey mouse I was thinking of several who tried to piece a setup together using a quick-spool type tubular manifold only to get poor results.

So... yah if one has access to a good fabricator and can get the key components, which is a quality manifold, downpipe, hot pipe and oil drain tube they can piece together a relatively nice setup. These parts sound simple enough, but having a good fabricator is very important. Things can look good, but if parts don't fit or break, they become garbage real quick.

here's frankiefiesta's nicely pieced together set up with help from the best in the game at the time.

Last edited:
OP
X
Thread Starter #6
Fantastic input. Thank you. I Just reached out to DaVinci Performance and Full Race with an inquiry. Full Race makes some great stuff! This definitely gives me some light in the tunnel.

As for ATP's GTX kit, I have just heard it's too laggy. From what I have seen in most applications a bigger turbo demands a stainless manifold to be responsive. Runner design plays such a big role.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Fantastic input. Thank you. I Just reached out to DaVinci Performance and Full Race with an inquiry. Full Race makes some great stuff! This definitely gives me some light in the tunnel.

As for ATP's GTX kit, I have just heard it's too laggy. From what I have seen a bigger turbo demands a stainless manifold if it is to be responsive.
I know someone who's parting their car with a DHM360R Gen 1 turbo kit. I don't know if it's already spoken for, but if you want I can send you his contact info.

As for ATP's GTX kit, I have just heard it's too laggy. From what I have seen in most applications a bigger turbo demands a stainless manifold to be responsive. Runner design plays such a big role.
This is what’s stopping me from just purchasing a gtx2867 from atp. I’m already experiencing lag with my 2554 [emoji19] quite a bit in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
X
Thread Starter #11
This is what’s stopping me from just purchasing a gtx2867 from atp. I’m already experiencing lag with my 2554 [emoji19] quite a bit in fact.

Exactly. The factory turbo is lightning fast. It's nice to have response like that, but it's just not needed for the car to be fun/fast. To me, some lag is absolutely tolerable. Hitting full boost in the mid/low 20's anywhere in the 3-4k rpm range is solid to me. Everything I had seen from DHM's GTX360R kit (gen 2) made me confident they were on the money with the balance of overall power and that type of response.

Reading the little info that is out there on the Full-Race doesn't inspire confidence. They were hitting those numbers on 91 oct. But the response, and power from the one dyno sheet makes it look more like an ATP kit. Time will tell when we see what is actually released. I am hopeful as the EFR offers a very simplified package.

OP
X
Thread Starter #12
In communication with Full-Race on purchasing a kit.

OP
X
Thread Starter #14
I definitely will. I asked those very same questions to them.

I like the manifold for the full race kit.

OP
X
Thread Starter #16
I like the manifold for the full race kit.

Sent from my iPhone
You and I both.

The details I asked for were the fuel used for the kit? I read 90 oct but want to be sure.
260/260 isnt overly exciting but I want to make sure we are getting the whole story. Any changes to the kit from what the site advertises? I saw a Boomba fuel plate but no numbers on aux fuel, did they do any? Also, it comes with an intake, I already gave a Mishimoto. Can it fit a stock positioned pipe?

I like the compactness of the FR kit, but it needs to deliver.

You and I both.

The details I asked for were the fuel used for the kit? I read 90 oct but want to be sure.
260/260 isnt overly exciting but I want to make sure we are getting the whole story. Any changes to the kit from what the site advertises? I saw a Boomba fuel plate but no numbers on aux fuel, did they do any? Also, it comes with an intake, I already gave a Mishimoto. Can it fit a stock positioned pipe?

I like the compactness of the FR kit, but it needs to deliver.
I’m honestly not sure if it will compete with the old DHM kit but it seems capable of making 300 if that’s what your goals are. I’m looking for more Tbh. But still looks great though

OP
X
Thread Starter #18
I’m honestly not sure if it will compete with the old DHM kit but it seems capable of making 300 if that’s what your goals are. I’m looking for more Tbh. But still looks great though

Neither am I. I want to say I saw 360R results on 91 and they were around 270whp but I would have to dig it up. I will definitely run down this rabbit hole and see what I find. But I definitely won't spend the money unless it meets my needs.

Neither am I. I want to say I saw 360R results on 91 and they were around 270whp but I would have to dig it up. I will definitely run down this rabbit hole and see what I find. But I definitely won't spend the money unless it meets my needs.
I made that mistake with the 2554r it’s a great turbo but doesn’t fit my needs :D

OP
X
Thread Starter #20
I made that mistake with the 2554r it’s a great turbo but doesn’t fit my needs :D

Yep, I know me. I will want more as well.