Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17inch "light weight" wheel choices

Hey guys, when I picked up my Fiesta it had 15x8 Team Dynamics wheels on it that were really light, but I wasnt a fan of the way that 15's looked. I put the stock wheels that were included with the car back on and the first thing I noticed was the drop in performance! I legitimately thought something was wrong with the car compared to how it felt with the 15's. I started looking into picking up some 17's in a lighter weight, one because I like the way 17's look, and 2, my factory tires are almost new, so I wouldn't need to get tires.

I have decided I want white wheels, and am trying to get the weight down a little bit. I have read through the threads about light weight wheels, but I was wondering if it would be a noticeable difference going with say a 17-18lb wheel? From what I gather, the stock wheels are 22.5lb so we are talking 4-5 lb per wheel. I know the TD weighed 34 each with tires, and looks like the stock is around 45 so I wouldn't be getting as drastic weight reduction.

I have narrowed it down to either the Sparco Assetto Gara, or the Rota Recce at the moment.

DaveG99

White is limited but other wheels are rota titans, konig hypergram, xxr527, TD also makes a 17" in the 1.2's

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
White is limited but other wheels are rota titans, konig hypergram, xxr527, TD also makes a 17" in the 1.2's
And the 1.2s are DEFINITELY available in white (when they come back online with a new distributor), and IF one chooses the 17x7 1.2s over the 17x8s (which I have), the weight is competitive with most any other 17" 4x108 PCD wheel out there, and in that 17-18 lb. range which jay_red desires. ;)
(The 17x7.5 1.2s are 18.1 lbs.)

felopr

And the 1.2s are DEFINITELY available in white (when they come back online with a new distributor), and IF one chooses the 17x7 1.2s over the 17x8s (which I have), the weight is competitive with most any other 17" 4x108 PCD wheel out there, and in that 17-18 lb. range which jay_red desires. ;)
(The 17x7.5 1.2s are 18.1 lbs.)
how much the 17x7 weight? 17ish?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
My 17x8 ROTA Titans weighed in between 17 and 17.2 pounds. That's fairly light for a 17" rim with 8" width.