Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clear bra saved my paint

DaveG99

The other day I hit a piece of concrete or maybe a piece of cinder block that was bouncing down the highway. It hit the front corner of my bumper just under the headlight. Ive had a clear bra on my car since day 3 of ownership 1.5 years ago. It saved my paint. I had about a 1/4 of the bumper clear bra removed and replaced. Paint was perfect underneath. Took an hour and was $160. And my bumper, hood, and mirrors have zero rock chips. Clear bras should be everyone's first mod. Especially for the OCD people like me. A scratch on my paint would keep me awake at night.

I agree 100% with you brother. This should be the 1st mod on the list, if you care about your paint! Glad to see it doing it's job for ya! [thumb]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You're the perfect example of why I can't say enough good things about getting a clear bra as an investment.

A clear bra was the first thing I had installed on my 2017 when it was new. I went with full hood coverage since people here have posted that they have gotten chips on the tops of their hoods. This is my third car with a clear bra. Plan to spend between $750 and $1,000 on one, depending on the coverage, the film and the installer. They really work and mine gives me great peace of mind knowing I will have zero paint chips on the areas that are protected. I clay barred those areas before the installation. It was shocking how much crud there was on a brand new car's paint.

XanRules

A clear bra was the first thing I had installed on my 2017 when it was new. I went with full hood coverage since people here have posted that they have gotten chips on the tops of their hoods. This is my third car with a clear bra. Plan to spend between $750 and $1,000 on one, depending on the coverage, the film and the installer. They really work and mine gives me great peace of mind knowing I will have zero paint chips on the areas that are protected. I clay barred those areas before the installation. It was shocking how much crud there was on a brand new car's paint.
That's what I was thinking, $160 as quoted in the original post felt VERY low but maybe OP has a secret we don't know about.