Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pantuco
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I do have version 2.2 and working fine... just wanted to go to the latest 2.3 version....i can wait for them to figure it out.....

Member 147 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Winter Park
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I just tried the 2.3 official update from the ford site for my '16 non-nav car. It hits Mem_err03 every time. My understanding though is that the 3.0 update seems to install without issue, BUT that its filled with lots of bugs for the non-nav cars. So I'm thinking the best course of action is just to wait until a better 3.0 release becomes available.

However, I was running a build of the 2.2 release that was still in development. I had originally installed the 2.2 upgrade well before the official release came out. Since I was already down in the car with my laptop, I decided to try moving to the full 2.2 official release. That worked perfectly moving between 2.2 builds. So for anyone running the pre-release 2.2 build you should at least move to the official release. I have no clue what's different between the build versions, but I'm sure there is something.

Member 147 Rep Points FearTheSnail's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    North West
    State
    MT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedrank View Post
    So I just tried the 2.3 official update from the ford site for my '16 non-nav car. It hits Mem_err03 every time. My understanding though is that the 3.0 update seems to install without issue, BUT that its filled with lots of bugs for the non-nav cars. So I'm thinking the best course of action is just to wait until a better 3.0 release becomes available.

However, I was running a build of the 2.2 release that was still in development. I had originally installed the 2.2 upgrade well before the official release came out. Since I was already down in the car with my laptop, I decided to try moving to the full 2.2 official release. That worked perfectly moving between 2.2 builds. So for anyone running the pre-release 2.2 build you should at least move to the official release. I have no clue what's different between the build versions, but I'm sure there is something.
    I am running 3.0 on non-nav and have yet to come across a bug.
    1/4 Mile Time: 11.739@119.8mph

Member 147 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Winter Park
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheSnail View Post
    I am running 3.0 on non-nav and have yet to come across a bug.
    That's good to know. I was reading a ton of the f150 guys reporting strange bugs, but I might consider giving it a try.

Member 109 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Spring
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on 3.0 also with non-nav. No issues so far. It was glitchy on the install but after a few power cycles everything went through. When it tells you to restart, let it sit for a minute or so before powering back on. Btw, I used the 3.0 file that FearTheSnail shared, from a PC and extracted onto a 32gb usb that I quick formatted to exFat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pantuco
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well..Ford just called me back stating that the error we are getting mem_003 its that the usb drive is not formated properly........All that was discussed in my first call......proper EXFAT (fat32 was used too)format was followed, 3 different usb drives, downloaded the files 3 different times....etc etc 2 days to call me and tell me something that was discarded....oh well.....we move along...

Member 147 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Winter Park
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEVADER View Post
    Well..Ford just called me back stating that the error we are getting mem_003 its that the usb drive is not formated properly........All that was discussed in my first call......proper EXFAT (fat32 was used too)format was followed, 3 different usb drives, downloaded the files 3 different times....etc etc 2 days to call me and tell me something that was discarded....oh well.....we move along...
    After reading the f150 forums, it seems like the me error is caused by the gigantic voice file. Some of them have edited out updating that file from the script to solve their issues. The 2.2 and 2.3 files are pretty similar I guess. I'm personally just waiting for official 3.0 at this point. I'm happy with 2.3 so no sense in hacking something together.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pantuco
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford keeps leaving voicemail messages for me saying that the mem_ error is a usb memory not formated properly message..i have been using ex fat format like they ask..i even did a xomplete format of the drive....nithing nada..same error..any updates????

Member 40 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Mesa
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedrank View Post
    After reading the f150 forums, it seems like the me error is caused by the gigantic voice file. Some of them have edited out updating that file from the script to solve their issues. The 2.2 and 2.3 files are pretty similar I guess. I'm personally just waiting for official 3.0 at this point. I'm happy with 2.3 so no sense in hacking something together.
    Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEVADER View Post
    Ford keeps leaving voicemail messages for me saying that the mem_ error is a usb memory not formated properly message..i have been using ex fat format like they ask..i even did a xomplete format of the drive....nithing nada..same error..any updates????
    I think @Bluedrank and I have both been patrolling the F150 forums. A few of those guys believe because of the size of this update and how massive the 2.2 update was there's just not enough memory on a non-nav car to handle this update.

Some have gotten lucky but you, me and a bunch of others have had trouble. Supposedly ford is working on another update. But knowing them who knows how long that will take.

2016 Fiesta ST - Kona Blue | Recaros & moonroof
    Cobb AP Panda Flash Tuned | CP-E Nexus cat-back | DEPO intercooler & charge pipes
    1995 F150 Eddie Bauer - big, slow and stock

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Pantuco
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks for the updates guys.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast