Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Stage 1 vs. Mountune FB1 Packages?

Did some searching on here and of course there is a ton of info on the Cobb AP as it's essentially a necessity and the starting point for any tuning or real performance gains...

However, it seems buying one of these packages gets you a *little* bit more for your money since a filter and RMM are included. I searched for the Mountune FB1 package and didn't find much on here about it. Has anyone gone with that package over the Cobb stage 1 package?

I was leaning towards the Mountune FB1 because it's on sale right now and you can get even more off with their holiday promo code. Comes out to $559 (haven't looked at shipping/tax yet). Seems like you get the AP and then essentially the filter and RMM for $60, and you also get a semi-custom map for your car from mountune. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Is there anything to know about going with the FB1 over the Cobb pack? Do they both come with Cobb OTS maps or are the mountune maps different (obviously excluding the extra one)?

Also - how early did you tune your car? I'm still in the break-in period with mine, but figured I should jump on the holiday deal for these parts since I know I would be tuning for sure within at least a few months after break in.

Thanks Gents!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
The Cobb tunes will still be there. I bought mine from Mountune and mistakenly loaded Cobb stage 1 instead of Randy's , when I loaded his 1st revision tune it was way stronger than the Cobb ots tune.

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
The Cobb tunes will still be there. I bought mine from Mountune and mistakenly loaded Cobb stage 1 instead of Randy's , when I loaded his 1st revision tune it was way stronger than the Cobb ots tune.
Nice, thanks for the info! Out of curiosity are all the cobb "staged" tunes pre-loaded or just stage 1?

I've been using Randy' s tunes for the whole life of the car besides the break in. The Cobb tunes aren't even a comparison to his, i promise.

OP
R
Thread Starter #6
Awesome info, thanks guys! Is it worth it to order and use Randy's tune while I am stock outside of RMM/Filter/short shift? I know later on I'll do a DP/IC too.

Awesome info, thanks guys! Is it worth it to order and use Randy's tune while I am stock outside of RMM/Filter/short shift? I know later on I'll do a DP/IC too.
Absolutely, especially if your getting the fb1 package right now. It will come with a custom tune for your car.

OP
R
Thread Starter #9
What flat foot and launch settings are best on this package
Good question... I was wondering the same thing, but I think I'll just put the "decide for me" option on most stuff as I am sure their tuner knows better than I do what the optimal settings are.

Hey Rivy - What's the holiday promo code? I've been looking to pull the trigger on Mountune's FB1. It's probably right under my nose. Thanks

OP
R
Thread Starter #11
Hey Rivy - What's the holiday promo code? I've been looking to pull the trigger on Mountune's FB1. It's probably right under my nose. Thanks
It is :) It's on the home page of their site, but you have to scroll down. It's "holiday17"

It is :) It's on the home page of their site, but you have to scroll down. It's "holiday17"
Ha! Uhh, nothing to see here folks! I have a shortcut in my browser that takes me straight to the Fiesta section and didn't see it there. Ordering FB1 tonight! Thanks Rivy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #13
Ha! Uhh, nothing to see here folks! I have a shortcut in my browser that takes me straight to the Fiesta section and didn't see it there. Ordering FB1 tonight! Thanks Rivy!

For sure! I just ordered mine too. Really hard to beat the price if you need a filter, RMM, and AP.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Make sure they have the RMM in stock before you order. I waited 2 months for mine before finally just getting a refund for the RMM.

For sure! I just ordered mine too. Really hard to beat the price if you need a filter, RMM, and AP.
Agreed. I'm new to Fiesta land after spending a decade with the Germans. I'm not a wrencher by any means but I'm confident I can handle this one =] Cheers dude!

Make sure they have the RMM in stock before you order. I waited 2 months for mine before finally just getting a refund for the RMM.

Good call. Just checked the site and looks like it's currently in stock.

OP
R
Thread Starter #17

Good call, but I probably won't even be putting mine on for that long anyway because I only have 200 miles on my car, haha. I just didn't want to miss out on the holiday pricing for the whole FB1 package. :)

[MENTION=8977]Rivy[/MENTION], got my packing slip emailed to me from Mountune this afternoon. Don't see AP3 listed as shipped. I assume stock issue. Was yours shipped?

OP
R
Thread Starter #19
[MENTION=8977]Rivy[/MENTION], got my packing slip emailed to me from Mountune this afternoon. Don't see AP3 listed as shipped. I assume stock issue. Was yours shipped?

Same, looks like they shipped the filter and RMM and will be shipping the AP3 and of course the part where most of the horsepower comes from, the mountune badge, separately. Lol. I'm okay with it since I'm still breaking in my car. Hopefully they send it out soon though.

Same, looks like they shipped the filter and RMM and will be shipping the AP3 and of course the part where most of the horsepower comes from, the mountune badge, separately. Lol. I'm okay with it since I'm still breaking in my car. Hopefully they send it out soon though.
No... not the sticker!! This at least gives me some time to use what remaining warranty I have until the inevitable mod bug bites. Hope they stock up soon =]