Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Style twin gas struts for bonnet

KAD1

Attachments

Last edited:
Ordered mine this week. Should have them early next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look like the dark ice design hood struts. I’ll get you a pic because I have them installed

Cool thanks.....just want a closer look on the mounting points.
I've used redline products before and required drilling and rivetting.....this looks a lot better bith no drilling and what looks to be all bolted down.

Bought a set a few days ago. Actually first bought the mono-strut from Amazon since I couldn't seem to find a twin setup, posted about it on an FB page and got a link to the twins. Sending the mono back once I get the twins, don't like how it distorts the hood

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Just ordered a set from the DarkIce website. (£1 cheaper than ebay). Thanks for the heads up on these folks!

Fitted them earlier today. No issues at all. You will need a 10 mm gear wrench and I found it easier to take the headlights totally. Also took the ground cable out on the passengers side to make it easier to get to the inner part of the fender structure

https://youtu.be/Kzo4KtrUBCk

I'm at work now, so I can't check. But how do you tighten that bottom bolt? It seems in the video that access is blocked off. Will the ratcheting 10mm wrench be necessary? Can it be done with a regular wrench?

I mean it’s possible. The ratchet wrench was more useful for the drivers side where you have to contend with the fuse box. Regular open end wrench used in the fender structure and the ratchet for the one outside worked best for me. With the headlights off the openings are easy to see and get at.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
bought! excellent find guy! Timing couldn't be better. Just this past weekend that shitty hood prop slipped while i was lowering the car and the hood came smashing down on the headlights, which were sitting loosely in the engine bay. Thankfully nothing broke but man did i shit a brick.

brbauer2

Mine arrived late this afternoon. Probably won't have time until next weekend to install them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mine got here yesterday and put them on in about 30 min. Between these and the autobahn single strut, I'd go with there (Dark Ice Designs) hands down. Honestly nothing but problems with the single strut one, between the way it would tweak the corner of the hood, and the "power" of it which made it very difficult to close the hood. I would have to really press hard to where I was deforming the hood to get the latch to lock. With the twin struts though, it acts like the OEM hood for probably 3/4 of the way, and the last 1/4 or so is where they seem to "catch" which makes closing it as simple as letting it fall into the place. The twins also are way out of the way, unlike the single where I felt like I got rid of the bar on one side and basically moved it to the driver side...