Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfiring after spark plug replacement?

So today at 24k miles I decided to replace my spark plugs with NGK one step colder. This is my first time gaping plugs, but I feel confident I got them all between .028 and .029. I am currently running an e30 tune. I had a bit of an issue where it appeared that the coil didn't have a good connection to the plug. After troubleshooting it appeared to be ok. After a test drive for ~30 min cruising with 3 3rd gear pulls I registered 10 misfires. I've never monitored misfires before, so I don't really know if it is a normal or not. I also noticed that I had a knock on cylinders 1 and 3 which I've never had on this tune. Is it common to have misfires like this, should I look at replacing the plugs with a normal heat range, or is there any other troubleshooting that anyone can recommend? Thanks for the help!

OP
forevercasual
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Guess its better to be safe than sorry and get another set.

me32

1000 Post Club
Did you make sure all the plugs are seated all the way down?