Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Motorsports Intercooler

Hello all, I'm getting ready to order one of these intercoolers and don't know what finish to purchase. Anyone have one of these Whoosh?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #3
I got the black one.... and I LOVE IT! :)

I blacked-out the mid-span ribs with a black felt-tip marker (lol)
It actually does look pretty sick. I've wanted to install an intercooler for a long time and the time is right. Wasn't planning on keeping the car, but it's been so reliable stage 1 for 20k miles.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I have a silver one. The fitment isn't perfect (the spacing between brackets, vertically, is off) but it works great and looks good.

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #5
I have a silver one. The fitment isn't perfect (the spacing between brackets, vertically, is off) but it works great and looks good.
If you don't mind me asking, did it affect install with the fitment being off? Have you noticed charge temps being lower with this intercooler?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
If you don't mind me asking, did it affect install with the fitment being off? Have you noticed charge temps being lower with this intercooler?

out of the literal hundreds of these sold I've had 2 people with this issue
the brackets are welded on in a jig so I guess there is a possibility spacing could be off a little bit in someone wasn't paying attention to what they were doing

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #7
out of the literal hundreds of these sold I've had 2 people with this issue
the brackets are welded on in a jig so I guess there is a possibility spacing could be off a little bit in someone wasn't paying attention to what they were doing
Thanks for the clarification Ron.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran

The install required a small amount of modification to the lower air damn, nothing unreasonable; and as Ron says, it looks like I am one of the rare unfortunate souls with this problem. The charge temperatures are way down compared to stock. I would definitely order one again if I needed one.

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #9
Now to decide what will look sweet on Kona Blue.