Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DaVinci Performance Turbo kit Feeler

felopr

Even though the hybrids are a good option: I have a x47 on my personal car, I am limited to 330whp and I see full boost at 3000, some see it earlier but I specifically had Troy not have it come in earlier. A proper gen 2 2860 with a good manifold will spool by 3500, and make 425 all day long. 500rpm later spool- when are you autox or back tossing below 3500 really- and the chance to get an extra 100 whp. That's why we feel a true turbo kit has its benefits for the guys wishing to push more than what a hybrid can do, while still having good spool.
Would stock internals support 400hp plus? I guess more important is if it would the torque

Would stock internals support 400hp plus? I guess more important is if it would the torque
I believe it took a whole lot for dhm to blow their motor at 425 hp. I would imagine the transmission would be what I would worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it took a whole lot for dhm to blow their motor at 425 hp. I would imagine the transmission would be what I would worry about.

From my understanding fueling was the issue. If they would have had the 4 port Stratified kit back then, that car likely would not have died right then.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Having just purchased a Gen 2 GTX2860r to fit a DHM kit, I can tell you there will be no way they are keeping the cost of this under $2k.
Ur probably right. Notice how Mason completely ignored my post lol Hybrid is a better fit for me anyway. I'm fully bolted and lovin it so I imagine an x-47 would be enough. I'm just happy to see our platform getting more love...just in case it isn't enough ;) DaVinci should REALLY consider welding two different flanges onto that header - one for a v-band and the other stock for hybrid owners. That would sell and doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to offer.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Ur probably right. Notice how Mason completely ignored my post lol Hybrid is a better fit for me anyway. I'm fully bolted and lovin it so I imagine an x-47 would be enough. I'm just happy to see our platform getting more love...just in case it isn't enough ;) DaVinci should REALLY consider welding two different flanges onto that header - one for a v-band and the other stock for hybrid owners. That would sell and doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to offer.
It definitely won’t come in at $2k. Also, they can’t put another flange on it for stock turbo...because the manifold changes the location of the turbo, which also changes where the DP mates. So, they’d have to invest in some more R&D. The area is too small to accommodate THIS manifold AND a larger turbo, hence, the change in location.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It definitely won’t come in at $2k. Also, they can’t put another flange on it for stock turbo...because the manifold changes the location of the turbo, which also changes where the DP mates. So, they’d have to invest in some more R&D. The area is too small to accommodate THIS manifold AND a larger turbo, hence, the change in location.

you and ur big brain ruined everything again. Thx ;-)

OP
M
Thread Starter #29
Im sorry, I dont know what I was suppose to answer? The price of a Gen 2 turbo alone is near $2,000. The cost can not be that low.
As stated, the location of the turbo changes and because of this, a stock location turbo will not work. We would have to offer a stock location turbo mounting kit which would have a new intake, oil and coolant lines, downpipe, and more- which would then just offset the cost of a hybrid turbo so much so that it would be worth while to upgrade to this kit. After all, the hybrids are maxing their housings, they dont have a problem with exhaust flow to them making a better flowing manifold useless for them.

Hybrids have their place, as a cheap alternative that can make 300-330whp with fuel, at under $1500 "$2500 with aux fuel to make 330" that is really it. With this kit, they are capable of everything youd really need/want. a gen 2 2860 is capable of supporting 450hp, and a simple upgrade to the 2867 nets 550 hp- which nobody has even nearly broke into the 500 whp range. We suspect- After talking with many piston and rod manufacturers while at Sema with our sister company- that 500whp may happen in the coming years.

Hopefully that answers your question.
Mason

The smallest EFR performs pretty poorly on these motors. In other applications I’d look into them, but on the fist, they kind of suck. Lag, then not much power. I know 3 different people tried the EFR and everyone of them went to a GTX or sold the car, or put the stock turbo back on....

OP
M
Thread Starter #32
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, had to become an approved vendor here, now that that is solved, let's start discussions again.

OP
M
Thread Starter #36
Hey guys,
Some time has passed and I think we need to set a deadline for this feeler.
If we had enough names, we would like to begin R&D the beginning of the year- 2018-
I think this is fair and a far enough deadline- we need 10 names, verbal commitments, by December 31st.
Without seeing the market, we do not feel confident in investing so much time and money into a turbo kit of this magnitude. We still have lots of products on the Focus side as well as growing into the Type R and Golf Markets as well.
Share this around and spread the word. Hopefully enough people can say they honestly want a turbo kit so we can bring a killer kit to market.

Screw it count me in I’ll start eating peanut butter and jelly for the next year to save [emoji23]

Screw it count me in I’ll start eating peanut butter and jelly for the next year to save [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone
That should be about 7. 3 more guys! Sack up. Powerrrrr. I might just have to buy a 2860r and do aux fuel...

Hey guys,
Some time has passed and I think we need to set a deadline for this feeler.
If we had enough names, we would like to begin R&D the beginning of the year- 2018-
I think this is fair and a far enough deadline- we need 10 names, verbal commitments, by December 31st.
Without seeing the market, we do not feel confident in investing so much time and money into a turbo kit of this magnitude. We still have lots of products on the Focus side as well as growing into the Type R and Golf Markets as well.
Share this around and spread the word. Hopefully enough people can say they honestly want a turbo kit so we can bring a killer kit to market.
Hey mason! I posted this on the Facebook page fists of fury! There is already one guy (who is not a forum member) that will commit!