Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DaVinci Performance Turbo kit Feeler

Hey Guys,

We have been getting emails and messages asking us to bring a turbo kit to the market!
Lets start a feeler thread for this. We are looking for Verbal Commitmentss to purchasing a kit once R&D is completed.
This kit would be a variant of the GTX kits once made by DHM. We already see many areas of improvement even before R&D has started and will be essentially starting fresh.

Utilizing the Garrett Gen 2 2860 and 2867s would make this kit great for the Fiesta ST and the 1.6. The addition of the new releases of the 4 Port Kits- Panda Motorworks and Stratified- means huge power will be achieved!
Full Tubular manifolds made from 304 Stainless increases spool time and increase flow and the Gen 2 turbos spool incredibly well to begin with.
Thick CNC cut Cylinder Head flange will be tig welded to the Tubular Stainless 4 in 1 collector to increase strength and prevent warping due to heat.
The Kit will be everything needed to bolt right in your fiesta- Manifold, turbo, oil and coolant lines, intake adapter, downpipe, wastegate, and other misc items. We will release pricing once we have more findings- Though we hope to keep prices similar to other/previous kits to stay competitive in pricing. *** This list may change after R&D

If you would actually be interested in purchasing a kit, please "verbally" commit below and we will add your name to the list. We would like to see 10-15 people who are actually interested and ready to purchase a kit to get started on R&D to work towards release.

If our want is reached, we will begin R&D and be releasing information as we find it to keep all those committed up to speed on the progress. Once we have some testing under way, we will release a preorder then release the kit to the market. Hopefully we see the community needs and wants a Domestic turbo kit for our platform. We are excited and willing to give the community what you want if the market is there.

Thanks guys and if you have any questions, feel free to message us or email us @ poweredbydavinci@gmail.com

Check us out at DaVinciperformance.com to see our currently released products!

Here are those who have already verbally committed to purchasing a kit upon completion:

1: [MENTION=9067]949_Rogers[/MENTION]
2: [MENTION=5400]AZST[/MENTION]
3: @Joshua- Email commitment
4: [MENTION=5283]PBST03[/MENTION]
5: [MENTION=4345]dL_ST[/MENTION]
6: [MENTION=5355]STAZ15[/MENTION]
7: [MENTION=4176]nickstewartroc[/MENTION]
8: [MENTION=1891]Focused[/MENTION]
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:

Last edited:
Subscribing because I'm interested in seeing where this goes. What type of ETA would you be looking at (I know R&D hasn't even started yet)?! But I just did an X37 and tune on the car and should probably enjoy it a bit before I go ahead and upgrade all over again. That's not saying I won't want more power next year...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Make sure to post this up on the other FiST sites as well, as I'm sure there are FiST owners who are NOT members on BOTH/ALL sites (as I am not).

You will fill that list much quicker that way. ;)

Subscribing to see outcome also. I will be interested one day, but we are talking years not months for me. Thank you for putting the offer out there. I'm sure the community will want this.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Subscribing to see outcome also. I will be interested one day, but we are talking years not months for me. Thank you for putting the offer out there. I'm sure the community will want this.
Yeah, sadly it is the same for me as well since there is a VERY LONG list of (other, handling/traction) mods I want to do before putting that much more power to the front wheels of this platform. ;)

Subbed as well i know I’m going bigger turbo next year and this could be the answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
With Vargas giving up on us, DHM folding and ATP sucking we're left with only Pumaspeed. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding takers. We need another option! It comes down to price for many of us. If you can keep it around 2k I'd be interested. I would guess that price point would not include the header.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

With Vargas giving up on us, DHM folding and ATP sucking we're left with only Pumaspeed. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding takers. We need another option! It comes down to price for many of us. If you can keep it around 2k I'd be interested. I would guess that price point would not include the header.
Having just purchased a Gen 2 GTX2860r to fit a DHM kit, I can tell you there will be no way they are keeping the cost of this under $2k.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
A couple months is fair to assume for R&D, I personally would like to see it be released in time for the summer race season, it's hard to give a good estimate though.

Can you guys maybe look in using a G25-550 ?
(In case anyone missed it, Garrett released the G25-550 at sema this year. It’s a turbo the size of a T25, but can make 550hp. It’s basically more or less what we know as a GTX2860. But capable of far more power and better construction for Motorsport application. It’s pretty much the first time in 15 years Garrett upgraded the turbine wheel they have been using forever.

Nothing wrong with a GTX2860 gen2 at all !! But it’s a 450hp turbo.

If your going to start building a new kit, why not build off the latest and greatest ?

felopr

Why would one choose this over the hybrid option? apart from, lets say, reliability and i guess big power (350hp+ with support mods of course)
because right now, in my mind, hybrid are unbeatable, the crazy fun, donkey kick fast spool time like stock but without the falling to his face after 4.5k/5k rpm. Perfect for the stock motor.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Why would one choose this over the hybrid option? apart from, lets say, reliability and i guess big power (350hp+ with support mods of course)
because right now, in my mind, hybrid are unbeatable, the crazy fun, donkey kick fast spool time like stock but without the falling to his face after 4.5k/5k rpm. Perfect for the stock motor.
Cheap, reliable, fast: pick two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #20
Even though the hybrids are a good option: I have a x47 on my personal car, I am limited to 330whp and I see full boost at 3000, some see it earlier but I specifically had Troy not have it come in earlier. A proper gen 2 2860 with a good manifold will spool by 3500, and make 425 all day long. 500rpm later spool- when are you autox or back tossing below 3500 really- and the chance to get an extra 100 whp. That's why we feel a true turbo kit has its benefits for the guys wishing to push more than what a hybrid can do, while still having good spool.