Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ron - make Woosh a Konig wheel Distributor and then host a GB for new design "Dekagram"

Trader history for OrangeSpice (0)

Ron -
if you haven't already sought it out yourself, based on the frenzied favorable response to another thread, can you look into becoming a Konig wheel distributor. I know the wheel business is probably very cut-throat and there are "dime a dozen" web sites that sell various wheels .... but all signs point to this new "Dekagram" wheel available in 16" x 8" with the FiST 4x108 pattern is going to sell like hotcakes! Unsure if there's a sound business case centered around a single wheel.... but if there is... this must be it!

Forgive the intrusion here into how to operate your business. But you seem like a fella that wants to hear call--outs when the market seeks a fair and reasonable Seller like Whoosh!

[wiggle]

(please delete if inappropriate)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron -
if you haven't already sought it out yourself, based on the frenzied favorable response to another thread, can you look into becoming a Konig wheel distributor. I know the wheel business is probably very cut-throat and there are "dime a dozen" web sites that sell various wheels .... but all signs point to this new "Dekagram" wheel available in 16" x 8" with the FiST 4x108 pattern is going to sell like hotcakes! Unsure if there's a sound business case centered around a single wheel.... but if there is... this must be it!

Forgive the intrusion here into how to operate your business. But you seem like a fella that wants to hear call--outs when the market seeks a fair and reasonable Seller like Whoosh!

[wiggle]

(please delete if inappropriate)
Thank you!
I have discussed a few things with Konig
Let's see what happens

felopr

This is my personal opinion, but i dont get why 16's are popular or more popular (by the looks of it) than 17's
16's tires are more rare than 17's and 17's you can find them for cheap and readily available, perfect for a daily driver.
one could say weight but aftermarket 17's are on the 17lbs/16lbs, not that far off from a 16's.
one could say track purpose but if you buying for track, 15s is more attractive than 16s
So i guess the only reason would be more sidewall?

OP
OrangeSpice
Thread Starter #5
This is my personal opinion, but i dont get why 16's are popular or more popular (by the looks of it) than 17's
16's tires are more rare than 17's and 17's you can find them for cheap and readily available, perfect for a daily driver.
one could say weight but aftermarket 17's are on the 17lbs/16lbs, not that far off from a 16's.
one could say track purpose but if you buying for track, 15s is more attractive than 16s
So i guess the only reason would be more sidewall?
Pretty sure the "buzz" about this wheel is not about it being 16". It's primarily the exceptionally rare 4x108 bolt pattern that Ford "blessed" the FiST with. And it being 8" wide is more appealing to many than say the Enkei RPF1.

If Konig was offering this very same wheel in the 4x108 setup for a 17" wheel, likely at least half (or more) would rather go for that.

felopr

Pretty sure the "buzz" about this wheel is not about it being 16". It's primarily the exceptionally rare 4x108 bolt pattern that Ford "blessed" the FiST with. And it being 8" wide is more appealing to many than say the Enkei RPF1.

If Konig was offering this very same wheel in the 4x108 setup for a 17" wheel, likely at least half (or more) would rather go for that.
Doesn't team dynamics offers a 16x8? I guess is the weight then. Idk i rather go for titans in 17 imo

OP
OrangeSpice
Thread Starter #7
Doesn't team dynamics offers a 16x8? I guess is the weight then. Idk i rather go for titans in 17 imo
To be crystal clear here...... the buzz is not because this is God's Greatest wheel-on-earth.... it's because there's finally another option to pick from in the rather rare 4x108 pattern. If we had a 4x100 hub then this would just be another nice option amongst many others..

My interest in the 16x8 over the 17x8 is the slight weight difference, but mostly the ability to have more sidewall and still be lowered. It allows me to add a small measure of comfort without compromising much in the way of performance. I'd like to be able to run a 225/45/16 tire over a 40 series on 17" wheels.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I'm with the guy above. Tires in 15s are far more available

225/45/16....ill have to check on what tires are in that size. In 17s we don't have many choices either for "good" tires. I actually plan on some how fitting the 215/45/17 cause it is an OEM size on a ton of cars so tons of tires to be found. So I can get a good comfortable, quite and long lasting tire for daily duties

Then track shall be 15s for the ability of track tire choices

Tire choices are limited for 225/45/16, but they will be my summer only wheels and I'll keep my 16x7 for all-season/winter duty. Could also run a 205/50/16 and there are some solid tire choices for a reasonable price.

I still have my eye on some 17" titans or some 17" TD 1.2s... just seeing what pops up for the right price.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Doesn't team dynamics offers a 16x8?
NOPE!

Sadly, when Chalon tried to get Rimstock to build the TD Pro 1.2s in a 16x8 4x108 (a while back before I was even on here to support the move), there was either not enough interest/guarantees for that company to justify moving forward with the deal, or they just outright REFUSED no matter how many buyers were out there with cash in hand.

They are not the only 'guilty' ones though, as everyone's 'God wheel' manufacturer, Enkei ALSO REFUSES to build their much deified RPF1 in a 16x8 4x108 as well, regardless of demand. [mad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Tire choices are limited for 225/45/16, but they will be my summer only wheels
True, but IF I am going to an 8" wide wheel already, I for one definitely want to put a 200 tread wear (or LESS) gumball on it as that also (usually) includes a stiffer, quicker turn-in side wall along with the added grip.

Of course, I do not have to commute long distances like many on here must, but then I would not be seeking a wider wheel, and wide sticky/quick wearing tire combo for that purpose either. [wink]

felopr

My interest in the 16x8 over the 17x8 is the slight weight difference, but mostly the ability to have more sidewall and still be lowered. It allows me to add a small measure of comfort without compromising much in the way of performance. I'd like to be able to run a 225/45/16 tire over a 40 series on 17" wheels.
225/45/16 i dont know if you can fit that and not rub, i know 215/45/17 gets pretty close to rub even on stock height
i guess you can with the right offset/camber, but that would put the tire out of the wheel well right, idk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
225/45/16 i dont know if you can fit that and not rub, i now 215/45/17 gets pretty close to rub even on stock height
For comparison's sake, let's take the Dunlop Star Spec Z2 which offers both of those sizes mentioned above, and runs fairly wide in tread width for a given size as compared to most other brands, save for the 200 tread wear and under Yoks;

The 225/45-16 is 23.9" tall, while the 215/45-17 is almost an full inch TALLER at 24.7" in height.
Granted, the 16 is a full 0.5" WIDER in tread width than the 17, but it will most likely fit without rubbing unless the car is 'airbag stancer' SLAMMED. ;)

A7xogg

And I'm just sitting here waiting on a group buy. A 205 45 16 and a 205 50 16 have a good selection of tires and the 205 45 16 matches the oem tire diameter which is what I'm going with

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
My whole thing for track wheels is to run as wide as possible. I think I'd have more luck on a 15 and more choices

As for my street wheels the 215 45 is undrivable. I run H&R Super Sports and tried the tire on and you can drive straight without rubbing but that's it. I will be trying to fit it though. If I can pull 2.5 in front I'm hoping it'll fit. I'll try again when I'm ready for tires. Another rotation or two

codestp202

Personally, I'm only interested in 17x8's. I want something to clear my wilwoods and fit a 225 tire or bigger. If we can get some lightweight inexpensive options in this size I'd be interested.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club