Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fixing my hatch privacy cover

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So one of the clips on my rear hatch cover completely separated from the cover. I struggled for 20 minutes with forcing the clip over the felt. Out of pure frustration, I hoped my theory was right and started prying the clip open with a flat head screwdriver. It worked. Then you just put it back onto the cover one half at a time. Hope this helps someone,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So one of the clips on my rear hatch cover completely separated from the cover. I struggled for 20 minutes with forcing the clip over the felt. Out of pure frustration, I hoped my theory was right and started prying the clip open with a flat head screwdriver. It worked. Then you just put it back onto the cover one half at a time. Hope this helps someone,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I found this the other day also on the FiST when I was doing the rear trunk brace! I wonder how many there are of us?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I was not as successful unfortunately. When this happened to me, I pried it apart and broke a piece of the plastic clip. Now it won't go back together. [?|] Not sure why they made it such a pain to fix if it comes off so easily.

Mine did this and I lost the piece. I just put the privacy cover back on with only one clip and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam4

I fixed mine the other day by installing it in the bottom of a dumpster. Being anal, I couldn't deal with the center droop it developed! The fact that the clips pop off the cover and the hinge post all the time secured the deal....

This happened to mine. The plastic clip kept popping off and eventually the cover started to delaminate around that area making it soft. I had some leftover fiberglass resin that stiffened it up and the clip hasn't fallen off yet.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
you can buy it here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Fiest...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Funny thing it that is a Nissan UK part number.
IMO you should just glue it with crazy glue to the cover so it wont fall out ever again
Thanks for the link and good idea

I fixed mine the other day by installing it in the bottom of a dumpster. Being anal, I couldn't deal with the center droop it developed! The fact that the clips pop off the cover and the hinge post all the time secured the deal....
yea mine droops but i use it as shelf for clothing when leaving the gym so i deal with it. No denying the whole contraption is crap tho. econobox life [clap]

DBLE

Mine did this and I lost the piece. I just put the privacy cover back on with only one clip and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HA! Ditto.
I'll have to check it more closely the next time I use my trunk (which is rare) to see if there's de-lamination where the clip is missing as someone has mentioned.

haste

1000 Post Club
I had this happen to me and got it replaced under warranty. The center droop does both me quite a bit though...