Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A/C Problems

OP
JorJorBinks
Thread Starter #21
Thank you everyone who has helped me solve this issue! I’ll check if the relay is being signaled and if it is sending the clutch signal. If all seems to be working properly I’ll take it in to Ford, and see what the real issue is.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Some dealers don't like tunes. Besides it only takes 5 min to do. For a dealer to refuse a warrenty claim based on a mod they must have proof the mod caused the failure. As far as I know there is not a mod that bust' s ac units.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Only thing I can think of is higher redline. I remove my tune and intake hose , just in case they flag it in the system.

OP
JorJorBinks
Thread Starter #23
So to wrap up this thread... while installing my COBB intake I didn’t check for clearances after installing. One of the worm gear clamps that hold the silicon coupler from the turbo to the intake was pressed up against a line that runs from the condenser to a little upside down white can just under the passenger side headlight. (I’ve no idea what it’s called) So the vibrations of the engine had cut a perfect clamp shaped slice out of this tube and all my refrigerant leaked out. Cost $100 to have a shop diagnose the problem, $60 for part #D2az19a35c, and $220 for my dealership to vacuum and recharge my A/C. Nearly a $400 mistake on my part, lessons learned the hard way. Haha Thanks to all of you out there that’ve reaches out to help! Wish I wasn’t the dummy in this situation haha

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I hope they were able to thoroughly evacuate all the debris from the system. There is a screen, but debris in an A/C system can create a blockage and wreak slow havoc.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I noticed the same issue with the CP-E intake, but was proactive before the clamp ground it's way through the AC tube. I wrapped and tied a portion of the tube with some scrap fuel hose. I no longer have the CP-E intake and have plenty of clearance with my current intake set up, but I left the hose protection on the tube.