Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Files vs Slots

So it looks like Mountune will sell you an AP with an E30 tune on it. Awesome.

However, in order to run OTS 91 tune, you have to change files. If you want a single file with OTS 91 and E30 in different slots, you have to pay for a custom tune ($280). That isn't awesome.

Is there a way to take a tune file from Mountune and just change the contents of the slots, not touching their actual tune? My guess is no. I have a buddy who is a ProTuner (with SW), if that helps.

Again, I'd like to have Mountune's E30 in one slot and OTS 91 in another, so that in the event I don't have access to ethanol, I can just change a tune from the steering wheel without having to load another tune. Don't care much about the eco or filler tunes for the other 3 slots.

Ideas?

Having different files is pretty standard. I typically had the tuner set the slots as follows:

1: low boost (16psi wastegate pressure on big turbo), no launch control, no flat foot shifting
2: full boost, no launch control, no flat foot shifting
3: full boost, 3k launch control, flat foot shifting
4: full boost, 4k launch control, flat foot shifting
5: full boost, 6.5k launch control, flat foot shifting

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Having different files is pretty standard. I typically had the tuner set the slots as follows:

1: low boost (16psi wastegate pressure on big turbo), no launch control, no flat foot shifting
2: full boost, no launch control, no flat foot shifting
3: full boost, 3k launch control, flat foot shifting
4: full boost, 4k launch control, flat foot shifting
5: full boost, 6.5k launch control, flat foot shifting
Problem is, the car is the wife's DD. She'll not be happy having to change tunes when going to a different gas station. If it were same file with different slots, she could just change from the wheel (even that is going to be like pulling teeth). That's what I'm aiming for.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I would suggest going through Stratified for the AP and the tunes. They will put multiple maps in the same file but different slots, and you can even opt to be able to change them on the fly. It's a bit extra but only like $50 I think. And their tune is way better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
I would suggest going through Stratified for the AP and the tunes. They will put multiple maps in the same file but different slots, and you can even opt to be able to change them on the fly. It's a bit extra but only like $50 I think. And their tune is way better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Bingo