Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #41
Got the MAPerformance intake installed. I love all the whoosh whoosh noises

Also drove to Erie, PA for a class for the army. Car did great 33 mpg avg. Now it's time to clean her up a bit.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #43
Got her washed up. Still waiting for better weather to give her a full detail.

Also, just order the RamAir crossover and some h and r SS springs. Don't feel like shelling out $100-1400 on coils right now, and I need a tad more low to figure out the wheel situation I'm gonna be dealing with.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #44
Took a trip across the street to the drag strip. Was very surprised with the FiST.

All I have for performance mods right now is a MAP intake, whoosh hot side pipe, MBRP catback, and AP with Cobb ots tune.

My car also has the Pilot AS3 tires instead of the re050's.

Can't wait to get more of the go fast stuff installed. I sense I'll be in the 13's on street tires and stock turbo.

dmb

the lower the time, the more money, where 13.99 is easy 12.99 will cost alot more, and 11.99 will cost you a new car's worth OF $$$$ KINDA LIKE CRACK.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #46
I'm well aware of the cost haha.

That's why I ride bikes, fraction of the cost in EVERY aspect, and much faster.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #47
So I may have just impulse bought some new wheels.

This coming week is gonna be awesome. I have time to put all my new toys in the car, and it's gonna be sweet.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #48

Finally got the whoosh IC installed.

Did a quick 30-125 pull and OMG the difference. It is 51 outside and I started the pull around 53 degrees and ended at 66. That's INSANE.

Also got the stow and show plate bracket installed. Did a pull with it on, and over 2-3 it went up 8-10 degrees so it doesn't hinder it that much.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #50
Would the cops there bother you if you 'swiss cheesed' that plate? (cut out those zeros and d's) LOL
I need to check on that, I did a 2-3 pull with the plate on, and only raised like 8 degrees.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #51
Although I just thought of something, I can just move the mount for the plate, it's just screwed and bolted to the undertray.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Would the cops there bother you if you 'swiss cheesed' that plate? (cut out those zeros and d's) LOL
Depends on who you are. Guesstimate 30-40% of the cars around here don't have front plates. They're real selective about who they bother over it. That was the problem with speed cameras. It wasn't that they were catching people "speeding," the problem was that they weren't being selective about who they were ticketing for it. Ticket the "wrong" people and there are repercussions. Cameras went bye-bye. Monies were supposedly refunded.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #53
So a long awaited update.

Did some.more mods.

Got some.Rota Slipstreams wheels, h&r springs, a whiteline rear sway and some other bits installed.

The springs and sway bar did wonders, and I recommend everyone do a rear sway bar.

But other than that, just turned 9000 miles and no issues to report. Still runs like a champ.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #54
A couple.pictures right after I installed the springs.

And one from today when I was stalking an RS.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
So a long awaited update.

Did some.more mods.

Got some.Rota Slipstreams wheels, h&r springs, a whiteline rear sway and some other bits installed.

The springs and sway bar did wonders, and I recommend everyone do a rear sway bar.

But other than that, just turned 9000 miles and no issues to report. Still runs like a champ.
+1 on the rear sway bar; whiteline, eibach, and hotchkis are all good options

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #58
Time.for another update.

Decided to finally ditch the OTS Cobb tunes. I went with Dizzy and got his 93 and e30 tunes. I loaded the 93 in right away and man was it nice. Then after a few.miles with that I decided to get some E and load the E30 tune in, and OMFG why didn't I do this sooner. This car is now sooooo much more fun to drive, and I believe I can say it can actually be called fast now

Finally got the whoosh IC installed.

Did a quick 30-125 pull and OMG the difference. It is 51 outside and I started the pull around 53 degrees and ended at 66. That's INSANE.

Also got the stow and show plate bracket installed. Did a pull with it on, and over 2-3 it went up 8-10 degrees so it doesn't hinder it that much.

Just looking back at this thread and it is good to read about the progression of your mods. I am very surprised about your FMIC observation, however. I would not have thought you would detect much difference at all with a single pull and 51 degrees ambient temperature.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #60
Just looking back at this thread and it is good to read about the progression of your mods. I am very surprised about your FMIC observation, however. I would not have thought you would detect much difference at all with a single pull and 51 degrees ambient temperature.
I've come to realize the stow and show plate mount makes quite a big difference. If I take the plate off I can stay right at ambient +1-2.