Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where is Mountune? Might cancel order....

HBEcoBeaST

Does anyone know what's up with these guys? Ordered my Cobb ap v3 on Black Friday. Was contacted saying they were out of stock getting more early last week. Reached out via email and phone to no avail. My order says 'processing'. I get it delays happen but the lack of communication has me bummed. Wish I would have bought a used AP instead...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Don't you get a free custom tune when you buy the Cobb branded AP from Mountune? That makes it well worth it in my book.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
Don't you get a free custom tune when you buy the Cobb branded AP from Mountune? That makes it well worth it in my book.
I'm commenting more on the lack of communication and the fact that I don't have the AP yet.

I ordered their e30 tune but will probably switch to stratified. Mountune is like $230 for every tune. Stratified I can get 2 tunes on the same file for $135.

I could of had a used AP for 375$ and 2 strat tunes for $135. Not much more than I paid for Mountune with 1 tune. I only ordered from them since they were local and I wanted it quick....

I wish they would pick up the phone or answer emails. I don't like working for what I already paid for.... Giving them til Tomo to respond.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Gotcha, its not as good a deal if you have a complex order or plan on using a different tuner anyway. Good luck with the communication: In the past it has taken them a day or three to get back to me on sales questions.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #5
Gotcha, its not as good a deal if you have a complex order or plan on using a different tuner anyway. Good luck with the communication: In the past it has taken them a day or three to get back to me on sales questions.
Appreciate the input

Bluedrank

In my experience, Mountune absolutely does not respond to emails of any kind. I've emailed them on 3 different occassions, twice for regarding product questions and once regarding an order I had made. They never responded to a single question or concern I had.

Well that’s just great. I ordered too from them Black Friday. I only received part of the order (no Accessport). Figured they were busy that’s why they haven’t responded to my emails. I’d like to know when they plan on shipping the main part of the whole order.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #8
Well that’s just great. I ordered too from them Black Friday. I only received part of the order (no Accessport). Figured they were busy that’s why they haven’t responded to my emails. I’d like to know when they plan on shipping the main part of the whole order.
At least you got SOMEthing. They finally emailed me.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #9
They got back to me! Due to high demand for the AP they are behind orders and it SHOULD go out this week....

Guess I cried loud enough for a response. Too bad I'm out of town start in next week. I asked them to cancel my order.

I'm commenting more on the lack of communication and the fact that I don't have the AP yet.

I ordered their e30 tune but will probably switch to stratified. Mountune is like $230 for every tune. Stratified I can get 2 tunes on the same file for $135.

I could of had a used AP for 375$ and 2 strat tunes for $135. Not much more than I paid for Mountune with 1 tune. I only ordered from them since they were local and I wanted it quick....

I wish they would pick up the phone or answer emails. I don't like working for what I already paid for.... Giving them til Tomo to respond.

It has been reported here that if you buy the AP from Mountune it is locked down and you cannot install a Stratified tune on it. I don't know if this is true, but you ought to check.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #11
It has been reported here that if you buy the AP from Mountune it is locked down and you cannot install a Stratified tune on it. I don't know if this is true, but you ought to check.
I think that's just for their mp215 mtune AP.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #13
Received email . They are backed up on orders for the Accessport.
Yea they must have sent that out en masse. They didn't respond to my call or email directly. Good luck on yours! I'm going a different route.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Mountune sells two versions of the AP. The one linked to their 215 kit is Mountune branded and you cannot put another tune on it (except the MR230 tune). Their other one is just the standard Cobb branded AP that is just like everybody elses.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #15
Well they said they'd cancel my order yesterday. Wonder how long until they actually do it and I get a refund? Not stoked on Mountune and I really wanted to run their DP...

Bummed I missed out on the black Friday special but I ordered an AP from another vendor yesterday, it's shipping today and I will get it tomorrow.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #16
Update. They refunded me within 24hours. I can't complain. It's the holidays and they were busy. Once they got in contact I was taken care of.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I have purchased a lot from Mountune over the years and have had pretty good luck on customer service. Most of my ST parts have always been in stock, but there was some delays on RS parts I had ordered this summer. They were great about keeping me updated on the order status and when the parts would ship. The US operation is a pretty small group, so be aware that you aren't going to get a response right away.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #18
I have purchased a lot from Mountune over the years and have had pretty good luck on customer service. Most of my ST parts have always been in stock, but there was some delays on RS parts I had ordered this summer. They were great about keeping me updated on the order status and when the parts would ship. The US operation is a pretty small group, so be aware that you aren't going to get a response right away.
Yeah I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since they seem like a clean-cut professional company. I'm just in a rush to install some other parts and the AP is holding me up. Mountune took care of me to the best of their abilities, can't knock them for that.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I waited for my AP as well, I just didn't have an issue with that. I also waited about 6 weeks for my panel filter from them (I ordered the stage 1 package and got the mount, then the ap, then the filter). I guess I'm just not in any kind of rush with this car.

Not sure what the issue is though, they communicated that they were back-ordered (as you should expect from a small place with a decent sale going on lol). Not saying you don't have the right to complain, but was it really a big deal?

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #20
I waited for my AP as well, I just didn't have an issue with that. I also waited about 6 weeks for my panel filter from them (I ordered the stage 1 package and got the mount, then the ap, then the filter). I guess I'm just not in any kind of rush with this car.

Not sure what the issue is though, they communicated that they were back-ordered (as you should expect from a small place with a decent sale going on lol). Not saying you don't have the right to complain, but was it really a big deal?
Big deal? No. Inconvenient and impossible with my schedule? Yes.

I'm going out if town starting Monday through January 13th (road trip then Hawaii) I had to cancel my order because chances are I wouldn't have it by then.

Honestly I'm only bummed about the lack of communication. Other small outfits like Stratified and Whoosh respond within a day. I tried to order overnight but that didn't happen. I was told early last week and that didn't happen. They refunded me promptly, just bummed I missed the sale and they took so long with no communication.

I ordered from another vendor yesterday and it's arriving tomorrow.

Just an inconvenience. Not a big deal

And you waited 6 weeks for a filter? You must have the patience of a Jedi lol.