Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 available to order?

With the debate seeming to continue as to whether or not the 2018 ST will come to the United in its current form, I figure it will only be confirmed when somebody can get an order placed for a 2018. I know it's planned to get the mandated rear-view camera but no other changes. The reason I ask is that I picked up my 2017 last week and my brother likes it so much I can imagine him wanting to get his own in the spring. So if anyone gets an order placed for an 2018 please let the rest of us know. Thanks.

With the debate seeming to continue as to whether or not the 2018 ST will come to the United in its current form, I figure it will only be confirmed when somebody can get an order placed for a 2018. I know it's planned to get the mandated rear-view camera but no other changes. The reason I ask is that I picked up my 2017 last week and my brother likes it so much I can imagine him wanting to get his own in the spring. So if anyone gets an order placed for an 2018 please let the rest of us know. Thanks.
If the $3000 rebate is still in effect, he should grab a 2017 now.

If the $3000 rebate is still in effect, he should grab a 2017 now.
I bought mine in July at what I thought was a "you'll never see another new one this cheap again" price. Now I see a bunch of new ones (including with the Recaro package) at Seattle-area dealerships starting at under $18K. But that can't go on too much longer and I sure wouldn't hold my breath that we'll ever see a new ST in the States. If I had more money, I'd buy a spare right now...

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
I got mine for X plan price - $4,250 ($3,000 rebate + $750 + $500 offers). While I'm glad to get such a great deal on such a great car, it kind of makes me sad they have to go to this extent to sell them. I think the only chance we have of this car continuing to be sold in the USA is if Ford needs to sell high MPG cars to make up for all of the low MPG trucks and SUVs. I know they're talking about changing or getting rid of the cafe BS but as of now I don't think that has happened.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I bought mine in July at what I thought was a "you'll never see another new one this cheap again" price. Now I see a bunch of new ones (including with the Recaro package) at Seattle-area dealerships starting at under $18K. But that can't go on too much longer and I sure wouldn't hold my breath that we'll ever see a new ST in the States. If I had more money, I'd buy a spare right now...
I think you are seeing base models under 20k I just did a search through Ford's Website For FiST's with Recaros for all dealers within 100 miles of Seattle and they were all 21700-24500k

I will also say if there is a 2018 year coming the order window would have officially opened as of the 1st of December.
I don't care what anybody speculates about some buried advertising promos buried somewhere in Fords Website fact is they still have not listed 2018 Fiesta's on their main page. Nor is there any thing stating a 2018 on easy to view pages of their North American website.

Though all the other 2018's are listed including the Ecosport CUV being built on the Fiesta platform. Which is being built at Ford's Mexico manufacturing line and would fill the void manufacturing wise of a discontinued Fiesta.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
A few months ago they announced that the plant in Mexico that builds the Fiesta would shut down for 3 weeks but did not say when. I tried to find out the shutdown schedule while I was waiting for mine to be built. It seems that information was and still is top-secret. It could be related to some kind of change over for a new model and discontinuation of the ST. Maybe they will just build ST's or fiestas in general until they run through all of the parts they have on hand or until contracts with suppliers are completed. Adding the rear view camera is only coming because the feds are forcing it. It doesn't necessarily mean a continuing commitment to build the fiesta. My personal guess is they will continue to build the fiesta but for South America and other markets.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
A few months ago they announced that the plant in Mexico that builds the Fiesta would shut down for 3 weeks but did not say when. I tried to find out the shutdown schedule while I was waiting for mine to be built. It seems that information was and still is top-secret. It could be related to some kind of change over for a new model and discontinuation of the ST. Maybe they will just build ST's or fiestas in general until they run through all of the parts they have on hand or until contracts with suppliers are completed. Adding the rear view camera is only coming because the feds are forcing it. It doesn't necessarily mean a continuing commitment to build the fiesta. My personal guess is they will continue to build the fiesta but for South America and other markets.
This makes a lot of sense and the European Ford execs have actually stated that there is no economical reason for making a ST for the North American market due to poor sales of the whole line here . Also the fact that at the time roughly a few months ago the only 2018 ST slated to be built would be built in the Ford of Germany production plant.

I have already read that they will be replacing the Fiesta in the US with the Ecosport micro crossover. They will continue to manufacture and selling the Fiesta in the UK, Africa, and Middle east. And the worst part is They just updated the Fiesta. It has a new engine (1.5 3cyl) and a Coupe version. Here is a Link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-sa...2018-model-year-97094.html#comment-3431444283

CSM

1000 Post Club
I wonder if Ford is waiting for the incentives on the 2017 models to expire 1/2/18 before they add the 2018 models to the website?

If 2018 is truly that last year we will see the Fiesta ST in the US for a while, then I may have to seriously consider selling my 2014 Molten Orange for a fully loaded 2018 :)

Funny they don't let you see the window sticker and on fords site there is no 2018 build tool or mention of an 18. Those are generic pictures too.
It's unusual for sure. And if you check directly on the Ford website, it's not listed.

Their remaining 2017 with vin 3FADP4GX0HM165536 is listed though. And the window sticker is available.

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
Thought of one more thing. If they're bringing it back in 2018 with a backup camera and there isn't a price increase, the remaining 2017's they have on their Lots would be a pretty tough sell. Could explain while they're not promoting the availability of the 2018.

Thought of one more thing. If they're bringing it back in 2018 with a backup camera and there isn't a price increase, the remaining 2017's they have on their Lots would be a pretty tough sell. Could explain while they're not promoting the availability of the 2018.
There is 3000 in rebate on the 17. If you want one you'd better get it while they still have some. I just bought the last one at my dealership. I work at a ford dealership. We are getting the 18 Ecosport, but don't count on a 18 fiesta.

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
Suppose maybe a year from now or so we see an Eco sport ST. Not sure about the demand for such a vehicle but it sure seems like something Ford could easily build if they wanted to. A couple of years ago John McElroy who has a website and TV show called autoline daily had a Ford honcho on regarding the ST development. He asked how about a C-Max or B-Max ST. Ford honcho said something along the lines of we'll see. Either way that video is a really good watch. A whole show asking how did you guys hit it so out of the park when designing the Fiesta ST.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There is 3000 in rebate on the 17. If you want one you'd better get it while they still have some. I just bought the last one at my dealership. I work at a ford dealership. We are getting the 18 Ecosport, but don't count on a 18 fiesta.
This speaks volumes, and I think that dealership showing a generic pic supposed 2018 is doing it just to move the 2017. Get a deal we want the 2017 gone type manuaver.
The backup camera deal is not a strong arguement for a 2018 model year in North America.
Rebate deals also do not keep manufactures from announcing cars. Fact is yes last year the 2017 ST did not hit the lots till Janaury but Ford already had the order/build window open.

They had already announced Orange Spice, already were selling regular 2017 Fiesta's in late 2016. None of these things have happened this year. No announcements about colors, no statements the 2018 ST would hit the showrooms in Janaury etc...
Suppose maybe a year from now or so we see an Eco sport ST. Not sure about the demand for such a vehicle but it sure seems like something Ford could easily build if they wanted to. A couple of years ago John McElroy who has a website and TV show called autoline daily had a Ford honcho on regarding the ST development. He asked how about a C-Max or B-Max ST. Ford honcho said something along the lines of we'll see. Either way that video is a really good watch. A whole show asking how did you guys hit it so out of the park when designing the Fiesta ST.
What ever was talked about a few years ago with Ford North America is off the table now. The current head has openly said they were pulling out of Performance vehicles and concentrating on EV and Autonomous vehicles here.
Prius's and Tesla's have had a big impact on Japanese and American automakers if not worldwide as well. They are jumping on the boat whole heartedly in part because demographic studies have shown millenials are not interested in Performance cars at all let alone cars completely. Most of them welcome EV and Autonomous as they look look at cars as a transportation vehicle and nothing more.
Hate to say it guys it makes me sad but t think the handwriting is on the wall.
Sports type cars are a dying breed.

My dealer contacted me this morning saying they just received "right to buy/order" the 2018 Fiesta. I ordered a 2018 Fiesta ST, magnetic, no sunroof, no nav, grey ricaro, black wheels. I'm in Canada. I didn't feel like it made sense for me to buy a 2017 with it being the end of the year. The dealer wasn't willing to go below cost for something they'd have to bring in from another dealer.

I'm going to try to forget about it though... hopefully the time will pass quicker. :)

Last edited:
Coming from a '17 RS - I plan to buy a new 2017 Fiesta or Focus ST, OR there's a '14 Fiesta ST locally, loaded with Recaro's, for $15k with only 16,000 miles. I get A plan on Ford's, so with the current incentives I can get a new '17 loaded for around $21k.

Thoughts?

And before people ask- Yes I love my RS, but I drive 120 miles/day like a grandma, so it's kind of a waste of a $40k vehicle.

Actually have you researched the Ecosport SES Trim? 2.0 AWD... sporty accents and such. Don't know if they'll have a manual trans available, but they do overseas

Last edited: