Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shysty's Magnetic FiST Build Thread

Figured I'd make a build thread to document my FiST's journey. It's my daily driver, approx. 70 miles a day with some twisty roads [wiggle]
Wanted something fun to drive and the Ford Party fit the bill.

Just got her home, installed Boomba's BOV adapter and removed the lower front grille.

I do have an Accessport with Mountune's OTS maps, MBRP 3" exhaust, 'ez-lip' kit, Velossa Big Mouth Intake Ram air intake and most importantly, a pair of FiestaSTforum stickers that all still need to be installed.
I do want to experience driving the car for a short time before throwing the Accessport on just so that I can see/feel the difference for myself between stock and stage 1 maps.....Exhaust and ez-lip should go on this weekend. Big mouth shortly after that.

Future mods:

drop in filter
Cobb RMM
Wing Riser Kit
Lots of braces
Boomba shift kit
Team Dynamics 15x8 Pro Race 1.2 Matte Black Wheels with either 205 or 225 ( can't decide yet )
FMIC with hard pipes

Probable future mods:
x-37 Turbo
2j Downpipe
Pro tune
coilovers
Brake Kit

Last edited:
Nice man your gonna love that mbrp really gives the car some nice robust sound

OP
Shysty
Thread Starter #3
Nice man your gonna love that mbrp really gives the car some nice robust sound
Thanks! I can't wait. The Boomba BOV is VERY loud so it'll be nice to have the exhaust sound to go with it.

OP
Shysty
Thread Starter #4
So I had a pretty eventful Saturday morning..I was able to knock out installing the MBRP exhaust, Accessport, ez-lip, yellow fog light covers, half way removing my front license plate and finally getting on the fiestastforum decals.

The exhaust install was easy, the only annoying thing was that I’m 6’0 200lbs so working on my back with the car on jack stands with minimal room is one of my least favorite things to do. That being said removing the stock exhaust is a breeze and I was very happy with the fitment and install of the MBRP system. Sound is exactly what I wanted, nice deep sound and not ricey at all. I can’t speak for drone yet as I have not cruised the freeway, so I will update on that. I think others have stated no to minimal drone with this system.

Accessport as you know is nice and quick to install, it definitely took me longer just trying to decide where to mount it. Currently Running mountunes stage 1 91 octane map.

I really wanted mountunes front lower splitter but just couldn’t justify the price. For the $35 bucks I spent on ez-lip I couldn’t be happier. It gave me the look I wanted without breaking the bank.

So I took my front license plate off the mount and am going back n forth as to whether or not to complete remove/drill out the mount and go no front license plate. I love the look of not having it, but I don’t know if it’s worth the risk of getting pulled over here in lovely California. If any of my fellow Californians can speak on this from experience whether or not they have been pulled over or not would be great.

IMG_3582.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nice mods! [like]

Where (link) did you buy that specific 'lip' from?

I have that same face plate on my AP as well.

The no front plate thing is one of the very few things I like about my current state of residence. ;)

OP
Shysty
Thread Starter #6
Nice mods! [like]

Where (link) did you buy that specific 'lip' from?

I have that same face plate on my AP as well.

The no front plate thing is one of the very few things I like about my current state of residence. ;)
Thanks!

Here's the one I got. It's great if you're on the fence about a lip or if you're like me and didn't want to shell out 2-300 bucks for a real splitter.

https://www.amazon.com/Original-EZ-Lip-Universal-Spoiler/dp/B009F10S3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512859699&sr=8-1&keywords=ez+lip

cxwrench

I haven't had a front plate for about 2 years. At first I was a little worried about it but at this point I've been around countless PD, CHP, and Sheriff's vehicles and not been pulled over. Even been through a DUI check point and I don't think any of them even noticed I didn't have a front plate. Seems like cops in the Bay Area have other more important things to worry about and they just don't care.

OP
Shysty
Thread Starter #9
I haven't had a front plate for about 2 years. At first I was a little worried about it but at this point I've been around countless PD, CHP, and Sheriff's vehicles and not been pulled over. Even been through a DUI check point and I don't think any of them even noticed I didn't have a front plate. Seems like cops in the Bay Area have other more important things to worry about and they just don't care.

Awesome, thanks for the input. I think I’ll go ahead and remove the mount. What did you use to plug the two holes with? Looks clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk