Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A macroscopic comparison of my 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth and my 2017 Fiesta ST

zanethan

I've always had a special place in my heart for the Abarth 500. I almost bought one 2 different times but I just couldn't get over the seating position and shifter feel.

I've ended up with a FoST and FiST instead each time haha.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Maybe stupid fast but also stupid to make comment that abarth will blow doors off fiesta.
Well, perception is reality - if he's never encountered an ST that he wasn't faster than, then... to him, the reality is that the Abarth *did* in fact blow the doors off every fiesta he's encountered. It's all relative. You can't factually state that every Fiesta will blow the doors off of every Abarth, and you can't factually state that every Abarth with blow the doors off of every Fiesta. Heck, for *autocrossing*, the Fiat's 8" shorter wheelbase might be just enough to provide a substantial edge on a really tight course.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Well, perception is reality - if he's never encountered an ST that he wasn't faster than, then... to him, the reality is that the Abarth *did* in fact blow the doors off every fiesta he's encountered. It's all relative. You can't factually state that every Fiesta will blow the doors off of every Abarth, and you can't factually state that every Abarth with blow the doors off of every Fiesta. Heck, for *autocrossing*, the Fiat's 8" shorter wheelbase might be just enough to provide a substantial edge on a really tight course.

Ok lol............

I'm late to the party. I was looking at the Abarth around the time I purchased my FiST(Also looked at a FoST). The space of the FiST is what sold me over the Abarth. But man the exhaust note from the Abarth.... I love that sound! A friend of mine Tracks her Abarth occasionally and it looks like a riot! I think I might eventually get an Abarth to play with [driving]

Bluedrank

What app is that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-obd2-plugin-android-auto-torque-t3657805

All it takes is Torque Pro, a bluetooth OBD2 reader, and Android Auto. The developer actually added in a few other cool features such as red light camera warnings and a new slide on the main Android Auto screen that shows the current street you're driving on and the speed limit.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
hehehehe... a "cute" versus "angry cute" is still cute none-the-less. I get the joke.

An unnecessarily loud or "mean" sounding exhaust is just selling wolf tickets. When it comes to "fast" vs "loud", give me the "fast" any day of the week because, the "loud" will quickly get old. Sounding like you're running a race just in the course of a normal acceleration is stupid. Let my quickly disappearing into the horizon catch your attention, not the BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
hehehehe... a "cute" versus "angry cute" is still cute none-the-less. I get the joke.

An unnecessarily loud or "mean" sounding exhaust is just selling wolf tickets. When it comes to "fast" vs "loud", give me the "fast" any day of the week because, the "loud" will quickly get old. Sounding like you're running a race just in the course of a normal acceleration is stupid. Let my quickly disappearing into the horizon catch your attention, not the BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............
That’s what was odd - stock Abarth isn’t that loud, it just sounds mean. The absurdity is

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37

That’s what was odd - stock Abarth isn’t that loud, it just sounds mean. The absurdity is part of why it’s fun :p