Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member 21 Rep Points AlrightyThen's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Tulsa
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Audio control module dead :(

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So my radio stopped working suddenly. Couldn't select different sources or get any sound to work. Dealer just called and said my Audio Control Module (ACM) is bad... $750 for a new one...faq. Anyone else experienced this? I'm not too savvy with this type of stuff, but for those that are is this something where I can find the part used and switch out myself? My ST is a 2014. Appreciate any advice.

Member 32 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Fontana
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you can get one used and swap it

I have a bad BCM on my Z and Nissan wanted 1200 for part alone. I bought one used for $30 shipped and changed it out myself. Just needed to be programmed to the car after

Member 147 Rep Points FearTheSnail's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    North West
    State
    MT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure it wasn't the APIM module?
    1/4 Mile Time: 11.739@119.8mph

Member 47 Rep Points nickstewartroc's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Mount Dora
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful, a lot of the modules you can't simply pull one out of another car, toss it in and have it work. A lot of the modules need programmed to the vehicle

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    JD
    State
    PR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlrightyThen View Post
    So my radio stopped working suddenly. Couldn't select different sources or get any sound to work. Dealer just called and said my Audio Control Module (ACM) is bad... $750 for a new one...faq. Anyone else experienced this? I'm not too savvy with this type of stuff, but for those that are is this something where I can find the part used and switch out myself? My ST is a 2014. Appreciate any advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheSnail View Post
    Sure it wasn't the APIM module?
    Pretty sure is the APIM, is the only audio module our vehicule have.
    since the dealer says it was the module, you can fix this 2 ways, if you wanna stay on sync 2 or you want to upgrade to sync 3

sync 2 (less expensive) : just buy the module used, since there are alot sync 2 module around junkyards, they are easy to find, $100ish, even lower , you could even talk to some of the guys here that have upgrade to sync 3, if they can sell you their old sync 2 module

sync 3(more expensive, time consuming) :If you want to upgrade to sync 3, you just got to buy the module and the screen from a 2016+ ford fiesta with sync 3 (6.5inch screen). more expensive since you have to buy the screen and the module and more time consuming since there are less 2016+ in junkyard to rip one out
    screen id: display, 6.5" (touch screen), (display without module), ID G1BT-18B955-TB thru TD
    APIM ID: non nav: Communication, (voice recognition, Sync module), (module without display), ID GB5T-14G371-BF
    nav: Communication, (voice recognition, Sync module), (module without display), ID GB5T-14G371-CF

there is no programing after that i am aware of, this is confirm by people that have upgrade it to sync 3

hope that helps

Medals
    City
    Tulsa
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dealership said it was the Audio control module, the APIM is the sync module right? I'll call them back to be double sure. Looking in the service manual I think it is this little guy. I found a thread about it on an escape forum that seemed positive. I think I'm going to remove this ACM, find a used one, install it and see what happens lol. I'll update thread with results.

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/elec...-replaced.html

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  48.7 KB

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    JD
    State
    PR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlrightyThen View Post
    The dealership said it was the Audio control module, the APIM is the sync module right? I'll call them back to be double sure. Looking in the service manual I think it is this little guy. I found a thread about it on an escape forum that seemed positive. I think I'm going to remove this ACM, find a used one, install it and see what happens lol. I'll update thread with results.

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/elec...-replaced.html

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  48.7 KB
    The apim is not that, the module is behind the screen, has fin for cooling, you will see

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    North West
    State
    MT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The module on the left is the myfordtouch APIM attached to the back of a screen. The module on the right is a Sync3 APIM module attached to the back of a screen.

Source? I swapped out myfordtouch for Sync 3 and took this picture in the process.

Medals
    City
    North West
    State
    MT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ original poster, can you define what you mean by your radio stopped working? Can you still use the touch screen? No audio? Etc.

Medals
    City
    Tulsa
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Yeah, the touch screen still works, I can access settings, nav, and the phone sections. In the audio section when I press the power button (on touch screen) nothing happens. If I press the actual power button on console, nothing happens. Can't get any sound out of it. Took it to the dealer for diagnosis, the tech's comments on my ticket said "issue isolated to faulty ACM, recommend replacement and reprogram". You guys are mentioning the Sync APIM, but if my problem is truly the ACM then it has nothing to do with Sync module *I think* lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast