Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Advice on how to get less rub 16x8 225/50

What is sad is that 225/45R16 tires are easy to find and with 215/45-16 the offerings are rather thin. And Konig wont build the Dekagram in 16x7, Spent a lot of time poking around on the Net for some truly light weight wheels and that particular option just does not exist for 16x7 wheels.
Are the 16x7 RPF1s not light enough for you at 13.8lbs in silver? https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...r-fiesta-st-in-stock-and-ready-to-ship.22899/

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I am currently wanting to get some Yok A052s in 225/45-16 to put on 16x8s, either another set of Dekadrams, or a set of Braid Full Race As.

The Dekas only come in a 40ET, but the Braids being custom drilled for center bore and bolt pattern and custom milled for backspacing, I was wondering just HOW MUCH room is there on the INSIDE front next to the strut??

The A052s are about the widest tread width in that size (8.0"), and also one of the tallest O.D. @ 24.0.

On the Braids, should I go for a 42ET, or 44ET, or is that going to hit the factory struts (or coil overs if I wait for the non-lowering, rally height/spec Silvers from Panda) with that tire??
I am trying to minimize 'poke', and do not want the usual 'hella flush' look that most others so desire, but can't have them rub the suspension either.

I do not want to go with a 215/45-16 due to; the aforementioned pitiful tire choice, and wanting the greater sidewall height of the 225s, along with just how damned skinny in tread width all of the 215s are. [nono]

I WISH that any/all of the Dekagram people on here who have ANY brand 225/45-16s on them, whether lowered or not would come onto this thread for their input!

I have been seeing that the yoko doesn’t like fwd camber challenged cars. I was gonna use them but after seeing people saying this I’m scared to touch them.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
What is sad is that 225/45R16 tires are easy to find and with 215/45-16 the offerings are rather thin. And Konig wont build the Dekagram in 16x7, Spent a lot of time poking around on the Net for some truly light weight wheels and that particular option just does not exist for 16x7 wheels.
Rpf1s are damn light. My rota slips in 16x7 aren’t much heavier than the rpf1s also. Options are out there in 16x7. It’s the 8 inch option that is rare.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have been seeing that the yoko doesn’t like fwd camber challenged cars. I was gonna use them but after seeing people saying this I’m scared to touch them.
Understood. [thumb]

TR also pointed out in their impromptu, unscientific 'tests' that they were "very vague" on center, and needed A LOT of steering angle input in order to respond from the center.

But since I am not getting these to use on a road course nor an autocross course, but just for warm summer street use, I figured that their other benefits over the rest in this size (i.e.; the least road noise, least harsh over BAD roads, and a killer looking tread pattern, and tread width, for this size, and a very square shoulder, gumball slick lateral AND longitudinal grip, and YES, an XL load rating!).

I KNOW that most on here will claim that I don't 'need' a tire of this caliber solely for street use.
But I REALLY like them, aesthetically and otherwise, and I have a $100.00 coupon from Discount Tire Direct to help bring their crazy co$t down (which of course, I cannot use to get the exclusive to TR, Dunlop D3s).

Now, IF Falken saw it in their hearts to offer us a WIDE tread width RT660 in this size, I would be all over those. [wink]

Ford Community Posts