Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Advice on how to get less rub 16x8 225/50

Recently upgraded to some sport edition se-17 16x8 wheels. I wrapped them in 225/50 azenis rt615k+ for extra meat. She rubs on hard corners/freeway bumps. I read some previous forums on others running wide tires and would welcome feedback on how to get it to fit. Other than that it is day and night compared to stock tires.

A7xogg

If your stock height, run coilovers at stock height? Roll fenders. If lowered on springs, go back to stock springs

felopr

225 on this car is a big no no in the majority of cases for our cars, you can run it but you need to plan it out the wheel.
stop the rubbing? hard to say, depends on where is rubbing.
If she is rubbing on the inside, you can try some spacers and have some luck
if she is rubbing on the top, give it some camber but IMO, you are screwed.
bite the bullet and sell the tires and buy something that doesn't rub like 215/45/16

DaveG99

you need different sized tires. 225/50/16 is way too big. should have got a 215/45/16. Our cars dont have much room in there for larger tires.

I have 16x8 +20 offset, 205/45 tires, and 5mm spacers all around. Car is lowered about 1.5” evenly and it rubs in the front but not enough for me to care. Just over smalll bumps.

I run 225/45/15 on a 15x8 et35 and I had to roll and slightly pull my front fenders to get rid of rub.
Going on willtheyfit.com though and compared them to mine, they are the same width at the top, but they are a full 1.87" larger in diameter, I think there is no possible way you will avoid rub. That size is very large. a 225/40/16 would fit with a fender roll and slight pull on the fronts. Hope that helps.

OP
N
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback. Those 225/45 look like they fit well. Tires are mostly rubbing on the outside it seems, some rolling could help. Do you guys recommend any tires in particular for give or take 200 treadwear? Car is stock hight, I have no problem working on the fenders though.

On a side note I think I saw a similar black FiST in the San Marcos, CA area a few days ago. Either way that set up looks super solid!

DaveG99

That looks badass. Too bad it rubs. I wonder if a rival S would rub. Those hancooks are 8" Tread Width and the rivals are 7.8" Tread Width. Im pretty sure rodmoe and hijinx were running 225/45/15 rivals and I dont think they ever said they rubbed. What suspension set up do you have?

thread about 225/45/15 tires on 15x8's
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9691-15x8-and-225-45r15

Im on Hankook RS4, they are a great tire and I love them so far. They made me go from middle of the pack at autox to top 25.
Im on H&R springs.

OP
N
Thread Starter #16
Going to do some rolling on the fenders and see if any improvement. Will get back with an update after. I do believe that the 225/45 would have been ideal on stock height.

What is sad is that 225/45R16 tires are easy to find and with 215/45-16 the offerings are rather thin. And Konig wont build the Dekagram in 16x7, Spent a lot of time poking around on the Net for some truly light weight wheels and that particular option just does not exist for 16x7 wheels.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am currently wanting to get some Yok A052s in 225/45-16 to put on 16x8s, either another set of Dekadrams, or a set of Braid Full Race As.

The Dekas only come in a 40ET, but the Braids being custom drilled for center bore and bolt pattern and custom milled for backspacing, I was wondering just HOW MUCH room is there on the INSIDE front next to the strut??

The A052s are about the widest tread width in that size (8.0"), and also one of the tallest O.D. @ 24.0.

On the Braids, should I go for a 42ET, or 44ET, or is that going to hit the factory struts (or coil overs if I wait for the non-lowering, rally height/spec Silvers from Panda) with that tire??
I am trying to minimize 'poke', and do not want the usual 'hella flush' look that most others so desire, but can't have them rub the suspension either.

I do not want to go with a 215/45-16 due to; the aforementioned pitiful tire choice, and wanting the greater sidewall height of the 225s, along with just how damned skinny in tread width all of the 215s are. [nono]

I WISH that any/all of the Dekagram people on here who have ANY brand 225/45-16s on them, whether lowered or not would come onto this thread for their input!