Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DaVinci Performance Fiesta ST Rear Crash Bar Test Fitting/Teaser

We had a game plan last night to get the shop car tore down for some test fitting. We quickly removed the rear bumper after our Fabricator finished up a prototype Rear Crash Bar. I set it up for a quick test fit then painted it to match some other things on my car. Here is our prototype Rear Crash Bar for the Fiesta ST.

Untitled by Mason McGavock, on Flickr

Hopefully you all like it.
Again, 1.25", 4130 Chromoly Tubing welded to CNC cut end plates. Upon removal of the factory bar, our bar feels roughly half the weight- Ill get exact numbers soon- and is a great way to stiffen the rear of the chassis.
People brought up a point as- why not just remove the factory bar and have all the weight savings- These cars have no frame rails, and are unibody which means the strength is built from being a whole. They can tend to flex and removing braces and structure will make it worse. The same way you would want to add a rear trunk brace or rear shock tower brace, you can stiffen the "chassis" in many ways. This crash bar is stronger, stiffer, and lighter than the factory bar. So you stiffen the chassis as well as removing weight on the more back part of the car.
10 pounds at the outside edge of the car is worth more to handling than 20 pounds in the center- this is just an example-
Hopefully you guys like them as much as we do. We are working on pricing and an ETA for a release date.
Stay Tuned
Mason

I do like them. Wondering what do these safety-related enhancements play out were I to become involved in an accident. Would the insurance company claim you're delving into safety related modifications, even though these are better/stronger/lighter than stock? I'm interested in both, front/back but front looks difficult to install imho.

Certainly it is easy to determine it is lighter than the OEM bar. But how did you determine that it is "stronger" and "stiffer" than the OEM bar? Thanks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^This.

As when someone crashes their car at the track, insurance is NOT going to cover it anyway.
(I would expect even that race/open track insurance now available from some companies would fight like hell to try and deny claims in an 'incident', despite that being it's whole purpose, knowing how these companies think/operate. [mad])

I would fully EXPECT every street insurance company to deny collision claims if you crash on the street, and it involves either a front or rear aftermarket crash bar (but I could be wrong [dunno]).

Anyone on here work as an adjuster for an insurance company who could answer this definitively? [???:)]

I wonder if this would allow clearance for the RS style rear bumper that Maxton has...

^^^This.

As when someone crashes their car at the track, insurance is NOT going to cover it anyway.
(I would expect even that race/open track insurance now available from some companies would fight like hell to try and deny claims in an 'incident', despite that being it's whole purpose, knowing how these companies think/operate. [mad])

I would fully EXPECT every street insurance company to deny collision claims if you crash on the street, and it involves either a front or rear aftermarket crash bar (but I could be wrong [dunno]).

Anyone on here work as an adjuster for an insurance company who could answer this definitively? [???:)]
I can ask an Infiniti insurance claims adjuster by my house tomorrow if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codestp202

^^^This.

Yeah, I'm guessing theres a good chance your claim would get denied.
However, how does it work when trucks/ 4x4/jeeps have front bash bars and all that fancy stuff. Isn't it pretty much the same situation?