Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench light and limp mode

JimmyS

I've had a 2015 for a few months now. Apparently I'm retarded because when I left work today I started the car and left it in gear when I let the clutch out. Full on lurch of shame. I restarted it and drove off yelling too loudly to notice anything was wrong but when I got on the highway I tried to accelerate and didn't really. Then I noticed the yellow wrench light was on. I pulled over and checked under the hood and didn't see anything obviously wrong so I tried turning off and back on again (it's what I do for a living) and the light went away and I got my boost back. It ran fine all the way home but I'm still worried. Should I take it to get looked at?

You're probably fine man. But in the end of the day if it makes you feel better, have the dealer take a look.

I will tell you a quick story about me and my ST. I was driving home from work down the highway, and decided I wanted to downshift from sixth gear to fifth. I missed fifth and went straight into third, let out the clutch unknowingly of which gear I was actually in. The engine rpm shot up quickly to over 7500 and instantly the wrench light appeared along with a limp mode. So I pulled over to the shoulder and reset the light, the car has been running great since then and I've put over eighteen thousand miles on it since trouble free. Your car just wanted to protect its self. If there was a serious issue the actual check engine light would illuminate, not just the wrench. (wrench is usually for oil changes anyway I've learned) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
J

JimmyS

Thread Starter #3
Yeah I didn't know there was such a thing as limp mode until I got home and did a little research. It's just going to be hard living with the shame of knowing my car would do that out of fear that I would hurt it though.

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah I didn't know there was such a thing as limp mode until I got home and did a little research. It's just going to be hard living with the shame of knowing my car would do that out of fear that I would hurt it though.
Treat it right and you'll be fine