Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will not go into gear.

Ive done searching on here and have exhausted resources. I've hit my frustrated wall and really just want my car back.

After replacing the engine from a blown bottom end, I cant get her into gear. I have adjusted the cables, bled the clutch... a lot. Maybe I still have air, I don't know.

Anyways, some symptoms.
WILL shift as its supposed to when the engine is off
WILL NOT go into any gear when running, I can start in gear and inches forward but will stop without stalling and wont come out of gear
WILL shift through gears when at least one wheel is off the ground
Reverse lights don't go off

I feel I may need to re check the clutch. but after all that work and brand new fluids I really don't want to have to drop the transmission again.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I suspect you're on the right track. It may be that the transmission isn't separating from the transmission.

My prior vehicle had the slave cylinder on the outside of the transmission. That made it pretty easy to verify proper movement. The mistake I made when bleeding that system, was not keeping the reservoir full. It had a shared (but compartmentalized) brake/clutch reservoir. It *always* appeared at least 3/4 full even when the clutch was bone dry.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I suspect you're on the right track. It may be that the transmission isn't separating from the transmission.

My prior vehicle had the slave cylinder on the outside of the transmission. That made it pretty easy to verify proper movement. The mistake I made when bleeding that system, was not keeping the reservoir full. It had a shared (but compartmentalized) brake/clutch reservoir. It *always* appeared at least 3/4 full even when the clutch was bone dry.