Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Octane Academy 2018 Registration OPEN

Good intel, thank you..
Just want everyone to get the most bang for their buck [thumb] I'm staying out there a few extra days to go hiking and your results may vary depending on the time of year but my rental car is only $110 for 4 days.

Tooele is fine and it's being built up but there isn't a lot going on there yet. Outside of Bonneville brewing you've pretty much got chain restaurants and that's it.

Wait..st academy and you only get to learn in a race prepped mustang gt? I feel like I'm missing something..id think for $1500, they'd have the car I own

Wait..st academy and you only get to learn in a race prepped mustang gt? I feel like I'm missing something..id think for $1500, they'd have the car I own
ST Octane Academy is a one-day course where you will be driving FiSTs and FoSTs plus the sedan on the oversteer/understeer course. The Mustang GT course is an add-on day where you track the GT's

borborpa

Premium Account
Booked! 4/2-4/3. Unfortunately don't have much time, literally flying in Monday and out Wednesday. But couldn't miss doing this!!

borborpa

Premium Account
WELLLLLL.....how was it!?!?
AMAZING!!! Seriously it was so much fun. I'm really glad I did it. Dinner was decent the night before. Driving was probably the most fun I've had in a long time. Was really nice learning the limits of the vehicle, especially when it's not yours! You also get to drive both the Fiesta and Focus ST's throughout the class.

The Fiestas are basically stock. The add a roll cage, hydraulic e-brake, and they use different engine oil and brake fluid. So essentially everything you do in the course you can do in your own vehicle.

Long story short - if you get the chance, do it!! I had a permagrin for the week after.

I just went this past Monday/Tuesday. Pure Adrenaline, ALLLL day. So much fun, the circuit track, culminating with an instructor driving, and showing you what is possible, haha. The Octane course, with learning to slide into the box, as well as the wet-down 180' turn on the gas & e brake handle, too much fun, and the instructors were funny AF. Best way to learn about the limits of your Fiesta ST as well as,
YOURSELF.

Attachments

I just went this past Monday/Tuesday. Pure Adrenaline, ALLLL day. So much fun, the circuit track, culminating with an instructor driving, and showing you what is possible, haha. The Octane course, with learning to slide into the box, as well as the wet-down 180' turn on the gas & e brake handle, too much fun, and the instructors were funny AF. Best way to learn about the limits of your Fiesta ST as well as,
YOURSELF.
Hey! Did you get the insurance for the car or opted out? How hard did you push yourself and the car?

I have my dates for May 24-25!!! Coming up soon, I'm getting excited.

I just went on the 20th and I opted for the insurance. You can actually sign up for it there if you are still on the fence.

Hey! Did you get the insurance for the car or opted out? How hard did you push yourself and the car?

I have my dates for May 24-25!!! Coming up soon, I'm getting excited.
I wasn't planning on taking the insurance ($135-), but when I got there, and saw how many inexperienced drivers there were, (haha), I decided to go for it.

In hindsight? I wouldn't get it. On the circuit track, there is plenty of room on either side of you and the guy in front of you, if an evasive maneuver is suddenly needed. I would only just keep an eye on my rear view mirror in case someone comes blasting upon you, out of control, (not likely).

On the octance course, the worst case scenario is you knock over a few cones, so in my mind, I wish I had passed on the insurance. Do what works for you.

anticon

Does anyone have any feedback for the path that is actually driven during the school? I was looking at the aerial photos of the main track at the school. It looks like there are some options for the driving route. I was thinking about building the track in Gran Turismo 6 and getting virtual practice runs in.

EDIT: It turns out Polyphony discontinued the track maker service, I guess I will have to find another way.

Here is a view that I traced on below. It looks like the official start is on the north west part of the track close to the beginning of the straight. I traced out the orange path first and expected it all to connect, but then I noticed a strange shadow between the two paths at the north hairpin that I assumed to be a divider. So then I traced out a second path in blue. I also included a red connection path between the two, which would skip a good portion of the two, but allow the longest length.

Also which way was it driven, clockwise or counter?

Last edited:
From what I can remember:

When I went in October 2016 my group ran the orange course you drew out above counter-clockwise. The staging area was along the top straight. Half of the group would run the course while the other half could go out toward the first turn to watch or stay in the starting area.

I though I may have seen videos where they seemed to run the a different course

Last edited:

anticon

From what I can remember:

When I went in October 2016 my group ran the orange course you drew out above counter-clockwise. The staging area was along the top straight. Half of the group would run the course while the other half could go out toward the first turn to watch or stay in the starting area.

I have seen videos where they seemed to run the course clockwise.
Thanks I did find this video where they are running the blue course counter-clockwise a few days ago. They must switch it up.

[video=youtube;FcT16ojt8MI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcT16ojt8MI[/video]

Here are some others showing the same track and direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcj2U6EwMTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tMM4khpivw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L92JA7jRXjE

borborpa

Premium Account
In the beginning of April we ran the blue track, counter clockwise.

As for insurance, I agree with Uncle Fister. In hindsight, I would not get it. I never at any time felt like it would have come into play.