Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new PA FiST

Just picked up a black ST last week. I had a white one a couple of years ago, and missed it quite a bit. So I'm back in one! I was shooting to get a new car this time of year, with the discounts being pretty good. I was pretty set on a Honda (been driving a CRV), and found a dealer that had multiple manual transmissions in stock.
I drove:
Fit - too cheap and buzzy
HRV- almost perfect, but slow- not much hp/tq. If Honda ever puts the 1.5 turbo in that, they'll have a hot seller.
Civic hatchback sport- liked it, still a little light on punchiness compared to the FiST.
Civici Si- had the same midrange torque of the Fist, very quick. could get the steering feel pretty heavy in sport mode. The shifter was a little too notchy for me, which surprised me, and I wasn't sure about getting a sedan.
'18 Accord sport 1.5- that car is super nice. again just wasn't sure about a sedan, and while quick, it didn't have the same dartiness I liked in the FiST. I'll be interested to check out that car with the 2.0L.

I was ready to buy something, but I went for lunch to think it over, and nothing exactly jumped out at me. So last week I went to drive some FiSTs again. The dealer had both stock seats and Recaros in stock, and after driving both, I still liked the Recaros better (had them last time too). All the numbers worked out and boom! Super excited to be back in the Fiesta. I know no car is perfect, but after mulling it over I feel like I can be happy with it for a good long while. Put snow tires on it, and have a Mountune AP and RMM coming. I never modded my old one, so I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Plug for Angelo at Sarchione Ford in Randolph, OH. I've churned through a decent number of cars the last few years, and this was probably the lowest key, most boring transaction I've had (in a good way). Definitely would recommend.

Last edited:
Welcome! Glad your'e back in a FiST. I actually traded in a 17 Civic Sport Hatch for my 17 FiST. The sport just lacked that fun factor and felt almost like a station wagon. Very happy I made the decision to switch over. I am running a Stage 1 91 Cobb Map and it really does wake this car up alot.

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
Welcome! Glad your'e back in a FiST. I actually traded in a 17 Civic Sport Hatch for my 17 FiST. The sport just lacked that fun factor and felt almost like a station wagon. Very happy I made the decision to switch over. I am running a Stage 1 91 Cobb Map and it really does wake this car up alot.
Good to hear your take on it!

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

I take it that you are in FAR WESTERN Pennsyltuckey?
(I'm on the other extreme eastern border.)
Yup, Erie PA. It's funny because when I'd put in a 150 mile radius search for STs, I'd get a lot of hits in Detroit, which is that far away as the crow flies. But by the time you drive around Lake Erie, it's about 4-5 hours away.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Welcome.

I actually cross shopped a fit as well, but decided against it because I didn't think I could deal with the lack of power on a daily basis as well as no heated seats, plus I HATE the new touch screen radio Honda uses.