Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

wind deflector fell off...

HBEcoBeaST

I have weather tech wind delectors up front. I live the look and utility. They've been on my car since May.

While driving around town today I heard a popping noise when adjusting my window. I didn't notice it was the deflector falling off until my next stop.

Anyone else have this problem? Hard to believe they were fine for 6months then one day just pop off...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have weather tech wind delectors up front. I live the look and utility. They've been on my car since May.

While driving around town today I heard a popping noise when adjusting my window. I didn't notice it was the deflector falling off until my next stop.

Anyone else have this problem? Hard to believe they were fine for 6months then one day just pop off...

In channel or 3m adhesive all weather tape to hold them in?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #7
Is it broken or can it be refitted? If it's broke I'd contact them and see what they say.

It's gone. Fell off while driving on a busy street. I turned around for it but it was unsafe to stop (no sidewalk or shoulder)

neeqness

1000 Post Club

Do you have any pics of your car with them in? Been considering it but don't know anyone with these on their FiST.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #10
Here you go. This is the side that fell off. RIP.

Jeeze I need rims.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Jeeze I need rims.

One option, in the meanwhile, could be to paint those black. If you like black it almost makes it look aftermarket, hehe.

I painted mine before I bought my rims. If for anything but to at least eliminate the brake dust issue. If you use paintdip it's easily removable later and fairly inexpensive.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here you go. This is the side that fell off. RIP.

Jeeze I need rims.

Na....you don't need wheels...you just need to get creative with what you got....keep an eye out for my stockers I'm getting powder coated a gold rubbed bronze....it's going to be a nice touch.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #13
One option, in the meanwhile, could be to paint those black. If you like black it almost makes it look aftermarket, hehe.

I painted mine before I bought my rims. If for anything but to at least eliminate the brake dust issue. If you use paintdip it's easily removable later and fairly inexpensive.

Definitely considered painting but my apartment complex is super strict about any type of car work since a previous tenant was parting out junkers in their carport. I can't even change my own oil there.

I'm definitely going for weight savings with my next wheelset.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #14
Na....you don't need wheels...you just need to get creative with what you got....keep an eye out for my stockers I'm getting powder coated a gold rubbed bronze....it's going to be a nice touch.

Haha thanks.

That should look really awesome. Powder coats are definitely the way to go for rims.

I'm saving up for 16" slipstreams so I can be a weight-weeny lol. Having fun killing my tires in the meantime though.